+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Share the tanking?

For me, I find it ok to lose aggro as long as the one I'm losing to is another tank, and is also in front of the boss we're tanking, and has a healer watching them. What I hate is running with PUGs in 25s then all of a sudden someone pops up their tanking stance and starts competing for aggro, without telling the raid upfront that he wants to tank. An extra tank is ok but unnecessary, and his spot could've been better utilized with another dps.

I usually get these from ferals who do /yawn during loot distribution and start pulling. I just want to reach into my screen and smack them straight in the face.

Can happen on pulls that another tank gets a lucky shot, i'll just taunt it back no biggie if it was just "bad luck".

Remembering that it've happened to me aswell, missclicking a nameplate and taunting the boss by mistake insteed of an add in a stressing situation
    Left a swift apologize as I know how much I hate it myself when people does that ^^

Trash packs makes me pissed however, when a loladin righteous defence's and "steals" all my targets. Totally acceptable if done on purpose to have fun competing trash. But if it's commonly done at random then It's really something that can make me annoyed.
    Usually aren't making a big scene of it however, as it's my nature not to freakout screaming on everyone. Tend to just keep the anger inside, depending on the situation however

I guess it really depends on the person/situation.

Understandable if people get pissed off when you taunt a mob that requires positioning, or a boss, but trash shouldn't matter at all.
    First time I did Sarth with my guild I was taunting trash mobs I thought were hitting DPS. Turns out they were on the druid tank! So now I've learnt to just leave it alone unless it's hitting me, or taunt if it's not on a tank.

If someone pulls aggro off me once I get started it means I'm doing it wrong and need to have a look at my threat, granted on a fight like Patchwerk a pally can probably catch me due to their +threat on undead, however this is a challenge that I thoroughly enjoy . As for trash, I couldn't care less provided a tank has aggro, if I'm not tanking anything I move off to pull the next pack, a fast run is generally a good run. What does piss me off is when a tank accidently taunts something like grobbulus or hits Sarth with AOE taunt without letting the raid know he's using it.

haha I managed to pull off a bad luck taunt during Sarth 3d.
    Fire adds were up and hitting a healer, just as I hit Righteous Defense the warrior who was tanking the drakes managed to pull agro on the mob I taunted, resulting in me getting his drakes and him keeping my adds T_T

Still got it tho

+ Reply to Thread