+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Best in Slot! Warrior Tanking Gear "At a Glance"

Gloves

What are your thoughts about gloves? Looking at my guild's EPGP it will be a while before I can upgrade Ymirjar Lord's Handguards to Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Handguards. Should I therefore go ahead and buy the Gauntlets of the Kraken? It offers a little more avoidance anyway and my healers need all the help they can get.

for sure, gauntlets > t10

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

interestingly enough I was faced with that choice last night and went with.... *drumroll please*

T10!

vene's blog post on the subject convinced me...
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

my thoughts on 4piece set bonus

Well, my decision to post this lead me to a very interesting conclusion, that my current decision on what pieces to choose to get me my 4set bonus, and retaining maximum survivability wasn't the most effective decision. Below I'll post my notes on my comparisons between the sanctified gear and the other, very good gear that you can get out of Icecrown Citadel.

Here is a link to my armory to give you an idea of the gear that I'm currently wearing.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=K%C3%A5rtel
    (please remember these notes were made for me to read so I'm sorry if you find them confusing, in addition, they are assuming that you will gem purely for stam)

(I feel the changes in stats from the sanc helm and broken ram skull side in favor of the sanc helm)

Change blight chest with sanc
    1190 more armor
    negligible defense loss if change in defense leaves over 550 defense
    77 parry gained (about 1%)
    roughly 20 stam lost (about 200 health)
    31 dodge lost

change lost hope legs with sanc
    lose about 20 stam.
    swap hit for expertise.
    no other change in stats

change sanc shoulders for bone commander
    18 stamina gained
    8 parry rating lost(negligible)
    no other changes

Sanc gloves to taldaram gloves.
    18 stamina increase
    17 defense loss (completely negligible)
    1008 armor decrease
    63 parry increase
    47 dodge increase
    28 str increase

(taldaram's plated fists seems like the best choice to me making the rest of the gear roll in favor of the tier. While the extra 1008 armor gives you about an extra 1% decrease in damage taken, I feel the avoidance increase would be the wiser path to take.)

THESE NOTES ARE MY PERSONAL FEELINGS ON THE BEST WAY TO REACH THE 4 SET BONUS WHILE MAINTAINING MAXIMUM SURVIVABILITY. I PUT A HELL OF A LOT OF WORK INTO LOOKING THROUGH STATS TO REACH THIS CONCLUSION, IF YOU THINK I'M WRONG, SHOW ME THE STATS THAT LEAD YOU TO YOUR CONCLUSION.

(I am not including lich king loot as once you down the lich king, you unlock heroics and your loot table changes entirely, this setup should get you through the Lich King, after that, you're on your own.)

EDIT: When I was looking through stats, I forgot to look at the emblem of frost gloves. They would also be a better choice than the sanctified ymirjar lord gloves, but I don't feel like comparing stats with taldaram's plated fists right now. Either way would probably be alright.
    Last edited by togocurian; 02-11-2010 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Realised I left something out

almost done with updates for normal modes

~ Morpheus

Only trinket and weapon sections left to update... before I overhaul the whole thing all over again to look at heroic mode lootz. ugh.

~ Morpheus

Bump because I'm biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckybadger View Post
    Bump because I'm biased.
    ^^ he's my hero. I mean off-tank.

~ Morpheus

I just have a quick question..

Its about the 10agi/15 sta gem for red sockets. Is it wroth useing considering it gives you 20 armor (2 Armor/1 agi), 0.118 dodge (From what i found 1 agi = 0.01180 dodge and 0.016 Crit)

The stats is taken from Combat Ratings at level 80

I have been useing them my self because 10 dodge/15 sta gems dindt seem like a good solution for me with the dodge debuff in ICC.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, but just wanted to hear some others oppinions, on the matter.

Atlast i just want to say that you have done some incredibal work here, have been using this post since Naxx and it have been very happy with the work you have done

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronoxx View Post
    I just have a quick question..

Its about the 10agi/15 sta gem for red sockets. Is it wroth useing considering it gives you 20 armor (2 Armor/1 agi), 0.118 dodge (From what i found 1 agi = 0.01180 dodge and 0.016 Crit)

The stats is taken from Combat Ratings at level 80

I have been useing them my self because 10 dodge/15 sta gems dindt seem like a good solution for me with the dodge debuff in ICC.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, but just wanted to hear some others oppinions, on the matter.

Atlast i just want to say that you have done some incredibal work here, have been using this post since Naxx and it have been very happy with the work you have done
    In terms of damage reduction agility gives 98% of what dodge does and that is not including that armor is more consistent, works against unavoidable damage and the extra crit so agility is the better choice.

That's not totally correct, IMO. From the math I'm looking at, Agility is only worth about 74% vs. Dodge Rating in survivability terms for a Warrior.

For Paladins, it's perhaps a bit different but Warriors don't have that great of an Agi -> Dodge rate.

If you're going to match socket colors it's due to the value of avoidance or survival time, and Agility doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard. It's not really worth giving up 26% efficiency on the avoidance value for Armor worth less than 2 points of Stamina.

If you want to stack EH, gem Stamina. If you care about Burst Time or survival time or something of that nature, the math doesn't really support using Agility gemming over Dodge.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

In terms of pure EH and nothing else(ignore item level, ignore strength, ignore avoidance), would onyxia's 245 ring beat the exalted tank ring? I intend to use valithria's armor ring + onyxia's armor ring.

The resistance alone is already a slight reduction in random aoe from most fights, and is incredible for sindragosa.

Keep in mind that the 2400 proc of exalted ring is really, really low.

The Onyxia-245 ring is very high on the pure EH scale, yes.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Togocurian: If you are going for 4p t10, the best non-tier piece to wear is, hands-down, the pillars of might (crafted legs). Not sure if you just weren't considering spending the gold at all to make them or not, but they are the best non-set piece to wear. Avoidance is nice and all, but avoidance gets better the more of it you have. With the -20% dodge aura in icc, you're going to get hit a lot no matter what gear you have. +Armor pieces are usually the better choice, esp if you don't have access to 277 gear.

Krc: For warriors, agility definitely does not provide 98% of the avoidance that dodge does. Not too sure about paladins, I know they get more dodge from agility than warriors do.

Gacktt: Yes, the onyxia25 ring is better for surviving physical damage. Not quite sure how good the 30resistance stands up to 45stam tho. It's 32 item levels higher than the onyxia ring, but keep in mind that it has 60-some strength, 55hit, and a proc (which I think eats into the item points). The onyxia ring sacrifices the threat stats and uses all it's points in survival stats, and I'm pretty sure the +resist is a "free" bonus stat (meaning it doesnt eat into the item's stat budget either).
    Last edited by Dragaan; 03-08-2010 at 07:21 AM.

well, unfortunately my guild still hasn't downed LK on normal 25man mode, but I know more and more guilds are doing so. I guess it's time to update this guide with heroic mode ICC gear! I'll get to work, probably updating slowly slot-by-slot as I get time.

~ Morpheus

Halandir's Warrior Best in Slot!:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ar-At-a-Glance Updated 11-27-09!
    Is a little outdated.. you should have kazey fix it from his sticky thread linking to everything.

Is a little outdated.. you should have kazey fix it from his sticky thread linking to everything.
    yea I noticed that a few days ago... gonna go pester kaze somewhere (I think I haz his twitter)

~ Morpheus

rofl, i'll update.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

As of now this is my first Post and i would Thank for putting up this Page..and ... looking into this page and checking out the Best in Slot at AV gears (excluding the ICC) TOC & Ulduar AV gears are just too Good...... I LOVE IT..:-)

I was just going to skip the heroic 25man ICC gear in this guide, but since my guild is now 9/12 HM ICC25 and we've got the new Halion stuff tossed in the mix as well I think this guide could use one more update before Cata.

question is, do I have the motivation to do it? we'll see

~ Morpheus

+ Reply to Thread