+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Best in Slot! Warrior Tanking Gear "At a Glance"

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    woot! massive update done, finally.

I've finished updating this guide with everything from 3.2. The Trinket section isn't quite finished (it's listed differently than the other slots), but that'll be coming soon.

Thanks to everyone who motivated me to finish updating this thing. I'm looking forward to keeping this updated for 3.3!
    Added it to the guide listing

Thanks for the list update!

Doing a gear guide for ToC was painful... doing one for Icecrown will be a blast! I like having more than two options for each slot. sheesh.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

woot! anyone else pumped about finally getting to move on from ToC?

working on my icecrown citadel stuff, will post updates to this guide once the patch goes live

~ Morpheus

Any chance you can bug Jayson to come update the Pally list too?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Any chance you can bug Jayson to come update the Pally list too?
    I'll ask him :P he's been busy with work as of late, so we'll see.

~ Morpheus

all good, was just wondering =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

1. Awesome work on the guide.
    2. Any guess as to when the UH list will be updated?
    3. Any chance you're planning to do a 10-man-only version?

I realize that I'm one of about 30 people in the world who is concentrating solely on 10s, but a 10s only version of the guide would be magical.

On an related note, hitting UH with almost purely 10 man drops seems to be a good deal tougher, and that's including JC and epic def gems. I am moderately limited in that a few of my UH pieces are rocking stam gems/enchants because they're also part of my EH set, but I wouldn't have thought that would make such a huge difference seeing as I'm decked out almost completely in 245s.

Anyway, thanks again for an awesome guide. I literally take 0 damage from Garr/the panthers/etc. Oh, you need a tank on those whelps? Yeah, I can do that.

-Pyow

hrm... the unhittable set...

Yea I should update that. Or I may just post links to the like ten other threads on this site that are exclusively dedicated to tanking Anub adds

The ten-man only list is something that I definitely should do, but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to. At this point it probably won't happen until after I get the Icecrown Citadel updates done.

~ Morpheus

prepping for 3.3! Updated some intro information and formatting, check back after patch day for the Icecrown Citadel BiS Gear update!

~ Morpheus

Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets - Item - World of Warcraft

I guess this is currently the ranged BiS for ICC 10/25, and will probably continue on being.

Boots of Kingly Upheaval - Item - World of Warcraft looks to be the BiS for current content for feet. The only upgrade I see beyond that is a heroic drop.
    Last edited by Petninja; 12-29-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: feet, not legs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    Boots of Kingly Upheaval - Item - World of Warcraft looks to be the BiS for current content for feet. The only upgrade I see beyond that is a heroic drop.
    Correct. The only better items are in raids that haven't unlocked yet.

Still bugs me that I lose a ton of defense to go to these boots. Enough that I might have to swap in a def gem to stay uncrittable, and thus waste a spot best held by anotehr 30 stam gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
    Correct. The only better items are in raids that haven't unlocked yet.

Still bugs me that I lose a ton of defense to go to these boots. Enough that I might have to swap in a def gem to stay uncrittable, and thus waste a spot best held by anotehr 30 stam gem.
    As I see it, Boots of Kingly Upheaval are not worth it. I have heroic Dawnbreakers now and I rank those better, the defense loss from those crafted are just too much and with all hit rating gear in ICC we don't need it on boots too.

Save badges/gold for something better and wait for the drops inside ICC

Obviously now that Blizz has let us know what nearly all the gear drops in ICC (normal modes at least) are going to be, a massive update is due here to this guide! Now that the holidays are over and I'm back from vacation I'll see about getting things updated here as soon as I can.

Stay tuned

~ Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    Obviously now that Blizz has let us know what nearly all the gear drops in ICC (normal modes at least) are going to be, a massive update is due here to this guide! Now that the holidays are over and I'm back from vacation I'll see about getting things updated here as soon as I can.

Stay tuned
    hope it is soon!

Prodigy, do you have any other reason for being a member other than promoting Tauntmaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I apologize if my previous post seemed too sales-pitchy. As an act of good-will I deleted my post in its entirety. TankSpot is an incredibly useful site & I don't want to piss anyone off!

this is the best tank guide ever, i love Tankspot, i learned a lot with you guys.

ugh updating this slot by slot as I have time -- blizz would go and change the itemization on the tier gear (not that I'm sad about that, it just means I have to re-think how I approach those slots).

~ Morpheus

Just got the Cataclysmic Chest yesterday, and it's an EH monster. Even with the T10 chest being updated next week, it looks like Cata Chest will still be superior to the T10.264. With T10.277 Chest this could change, but Cata Chest is one out of three slots where you can savely go for Expertise.
    So I recommend Cata Chest for being BiS
    Threat is epic and binds on pickup

+ Reply to Thread