+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Best in Slot! Warrior Tanking Gear "At a Glance"

getting back in the game after a 2 month absence... (I'm happily married now!) anyway, this thing needs a massive update, and it will be getting one soon

obviously BiS stuff is all ToGC 25man-hard mode / tribute gear now... I'll probably do a 25man ToC list and a 25man ToGC (hard-mode) list since that seems to be the dividing line for most raid guilds right now.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

Congratulations to you sir Halandir! now get back into Ikariam as well! new patch! lol.

Glad to see you're back into the swing of things =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

ugh don't think I can swing ikariam right now

~ Morpheus

Halandir,
    Congratulations on the marriage!
    Just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciate the work you have done on this list and that I use it often as a reference. (I kept a printed hard copy next to my keyboard when raiding for the longest time.)
    Anxiously waiting for the updates!
    Thank You

I've got a paper copy of the updated list done... now to post it with the wowhead links! shouldn't be long now

~ Morpheus

/refreshing page every 20 seconds!!!

Waiting for the updated list with bated breath!
    And the fires of heaven scour the earth...

I would love to see an updated unhittable guide I know cider did it in naxx lvl gear but I would like to see something practical for Anub. I apologize if its been done and I have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vassilly View Post
    I would love to see an updated unhittable guide I know cider did it in naxx lvl gear but I would like to see something practical for Anub. I apologize if its been done and I have missed it.
    this guide was updated to an Ulduar-level unhittable set a while ago, so that's a start. There are a number of threads in the Coliseum strategy section of these forums that contain examples of how different people are reaching the 101.8% (or close to that percentage, not sure off the top of my head) "unhittable" mark necessary for anub adds.

The catch with Anub adds is you not only need to reach "passive unhittable" status, but you have to have a significant amount of block value as well. (3k seems to be the number tossed around, though that's a lot higher than my current unhittable set has).

~ Morpheus

any closer to gettin it done halandir?
    This is my armory...if you have any tips please let me know
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Ibroughtguns

/sigh

I realized I needed to add the horde counterparts in with my alliance-oriented ToC listings. That's taking a little extra time. Maybe tonight!

~ Morpheus

Updated the structure of the guide, as well as the introduction and other random info. Will be updating the ToC BiS list soon, stay posted!

(I lost the paper copy of the ToC list that I had created... so I had to re-create it, sorry for the delay)

~ Morpheus

awesome, thanks for keeping us posted Hal.

still movin slowly on this, updated the gem section today

~ Morpheus

1. Thank you so much for doing this. I am sitting right around 100.4% because I almost never do 25 man raids, so I'm interested to see what changes are being made.

2. I've seen a couple mentions of Anub's adds. Are we talking about the Traitor King achievement? With raid and food buffs, I was over the cap, but I still took QUITE a few stacks of the debuff. Is that avoidable if I block all of the incoming damage?

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread, but I figured this might relevant to anyone who cares about reaching unhittable in the first place.

PS, unhittable works wonders for Ony whelps - I don't have the achievement yet because either my timing was off or I didn't spawn enough, but in any event I had a TON of whelps in front of me and took 0 damage. Pew pew!

the debuff isn't avoidable, what happens is the damage does something like this:

((Damage incoming * Mitigation)-SBV(if blocked)) * Debuff modifier.

What the unhittable set then does is make sure all attacks are at least blocked, and if you look at incoming damage, and reduce that base number with your SBV, then multiply it by say 1.5 for the debuffs, then you're looking at manageable damage levels.

it's like 2k damage * 1.5 = 3k damage every .25 seconds = Unsurvivable.
    vs.
    say 500 damage * 1.5 = 750 damage every .25 seconds = easily survivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    happily married
    Now there's an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Now there's an oxymoron.
    LOL. It just means hes NEWLY married.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatitus View Post
    LOL. It just means hes NEWLY married.
    lol. I am Newly and Happily married... may only one of those descriptions cease to be true :P

got the guide right where I want it... almost... missing some important stuff still like ALL MY TOC LISTINGS! sorry more delays busy painting the bedroom and living room (yes, for my wife).

~ Morpheus

woot! massive update done, finally.

I've finished updating this guide with everything from 3.2. The Trinket section isn't quite finished (it's listed differently than the other slots), but that'll be coming soon.

Thanks to everyone who motivated me to finish updating this thing. I'm looking forward to keeping this updated for 3.3!

~ Morpheus

+ Reply to Thread