+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Best in Slot! Warrior Tanking Gear "At a Glance"

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    added the new tanking chest discovered by Ensidia... link coming soon.
    You should probably add Greaves of the Iron Army - Item - World of Warcraft as EH/T

From Korea

I quoted your post to Korean website.

(famous site, which name is playforum.)

thx for your post. lol

http://www.playforum.net/wow/board.c...No=0&num=43708
    Last edited by hanla123; 06-09-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanla123 View Post
    I quoted your post to Korean website.

(famous site, which name is playforum.)

thx for your post. lol

http://www.playforum.net/wow/board.c...No=0&num=43708
    thanks! that's really cool. I'll post here when I make updates
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

I'm starting a companion blog to go with this guide! check it out at Journeytank.

~ Morpheus

EH trinket

I'd like to add Commendation of Kael'thas - Item - World of Warcraft for EH. The EH trinkets listed, aside from Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft and Heart of Iron - Item - World of Warcraft / Royal Seal of King Llane - Item - World of Warcraft, are profession oriented one. So, if you are say, a blacksmith/miner, a trip to H MgT is a worthwhile venture.
    On a practical note, when I tank Patchy on my Paladin <burn my heretic female dwarf arse now>, I use and Commendation of Kael'thas - Item - World of Warcraft and Valor Medal of the First War - Item - World of Warcraft. By the time Patchy gets around finishing hatefuls on my tanking buddies and takes a few whacks at me, the internal CD is up and I find it going off all the time. If it isn't enough I pop ,http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683 and BOTH effects are up at the same time <I think it stacks too!>.

Also, isn't Defender's Code - Item - World of Warcraft worth a mention? 850 armor and on-use dodge rating is nice even for any tank.

If you are gonna bust out ZG enchants for unhittable, then you have to metion this in the pre-ulduar set.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    I'd like to add Commendation of Kael'thas - Item - World of Warcraft for EH. The EH trinkets listed, aside from Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft and Heart of Iron - Item - World of Warcraft / Royal Seal of King Llane - Item - World of Warcraft, are profession oriented one. So, if you are say, a blacksmith/miner, a trip to H MgT is a worthwhile venture.
    On a practical note, when I tank Patchy on my Paladin <burn my heretic female dwarf arse now>, I use and Commendation of Kael'thas - Item - World of Warcraft and Valor Medal of the First War - Item - World of Warcraft. By the time Patchy gets around finishing hatefuls on my tanking buddies and takes a few whacks at me, the internal CD is up and I find it going off all the time. If it isn't enough I pop ,http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683 and BOTH effects are up at the same time <I think it stacks too!>.

Also, isn't Defender's Code - Item - World of Warcraft worth a mention? 850 armor and on-use dodge rating is nice even for any tank.

If you are gonna bust out ZG enchants for unhittable, then you have to metion this in the pre-ulduar set.
    Best in Slot. Not random old crap.

*Hands some Troll Feed to Irulan, and a copy of forum posting rules*

If you have a suggestion as to another +stam or other EH trinket that is BiS BEFORE Ulduar other than essence of gossamer that does NOT need a profession, please feel to share it with us. +57 stam and 155 dodge on proc is pretty hard to beat, despite being old. Notice the OP listed some old Brewfest and Badge of Justice Trinkets for BV, but I see you didn't flame him for listing "Random Old Crap" there.

Clearly, once you get to Ulduar and Heart of Iron or Royal Seal of King Llane, those become BiS for EH. But the rest of the community actually read the post and got that.

This is a BiS list. I kept the pre-ulduar stuff for two reasons: (1) because I didn't want to let that work go to waste, and (2) because it's useful for those just entering Ulduar.

That being said, I added the H:MgT EH trinket to the pre-ulduar section, but seriously... you shouldn't wear that in Ulduar >_~ Get the essence of gossamer.

~ Morpheus

Halandir, I agree with Essence of Gossamer, without a doubt, and I have it on all my applicable toons. But as smithing/miner tank, my EH options are kinda limited. I'm going for Essence and Defender's code before I hit Ulduar, but the 850 armor isn't nearly as attractive to me as more stam, when speaking of EH. It's basically a hole they finally addressed in Ulduar.

I think enchant weapon blade warding will do for AV

*Hands some Troll Feed to Irulan, and a copy of forum posting rules*
    Guess that came across ruder than it was intended, apologies. Halandir worded it a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by Black Roger View Post
    I think enchant weapon blade warding will do for AV
    point taken... I haven't updated the enchant section, I'll get on that.

~ Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Guess that came across ruder than it was intended, apologies. Halandir worded it a lot better
    Aye, that's why he gets paid the big bucks and gets a shiny CM title.

It's all good Irulan , glad we could both enjoy Halandir's great work. It will have to be updated with the upcoming epic gems anyways.

*squirrels away more titanium ore under the bed*

I bought the AH empty after logging on the minute maintainance ended

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    point taken... I haven't updated the enchant section, I'll get on that.
    Didn't we have another thread around here with Xav where it was stated that mongoose is still better for avoidance than bladeward?

At present, the weapon enchant best for EH is blank. Wanted to suggest Blood Draining for EH as it seems to be the only one available. I'm waiting for my second Titanguard so I can have both Blood Draining for EH, and Blade Ward for AVO. Great list otherwise, I enjoy seeing a lot of my EH gear in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaltrain View Post
    At present, the weapon enchant best for EH is blank. Wanted to suggest Blood Draining for EH as it seems to be the only one available. I'm waiting for my second Titanguard so I can have both Blood Draining for EH, and Blade Ward for AVO. Great list otherwise, I enjoy seeing a lot of my EH gear in there.
    right on. I'll add that in.

I probably should take a look at the guide again and see if anything needs updating heh... been a while.

~ Morpheus

It just occurred to me with the upcoming changes to dodge and parry won't blade ward be the best avoidance enchant?

Aye, that's why he gets paid the big bucks and gets a shiny CM title.
    Wait wait... we are supposed to get paid?!? Why haven't you told me this Hal!!!
    Paladin --- "A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion."
    <Journey> is recruiting, visit www.wowjourney.com for information and class needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Wait wait... we are supposed to get paid?!? Why haven't you told me this Hal!!!
    /sigh... I told them if they made you a community author they could split your check...

~ Morpheus

+ Reply to Thread