+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Best in Slot! Warrior Tanking Gear "At a Glance"

Excellent list, was hoping something like this would show up on the boards. Quick note, last time I was at the badge vendor, I believe the legs were 75 badges.

thanks again,

sporr

Quote Originally Posted by Sporr View Post
    Excellent list, was hoping something like this would show up on the boards. Quick note, last time I was at the badge vendor, I believe the legs were 75 badges.

thanks again,

sporr
    updated, thanks for catching that.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

You should really add the Greatness card to your trinkets section. It has better DPS stats than both Grim Toll and Mirror of Truth. Greatness has a ~33% uptime on a 300 Str proc that lasts for 15 seconds (45 sec internal cd) plus 90 static Strength. On average you are getting the equivalent of 190 Strength from Greatness at any given time. That equates to 380 AP and 95 SBV over time.

For SBV sets it easily beats out the Auto-blocker as well. The Auto-Blocker's use ability gives you 200 SBV for 20 seconds every 2 mins as well as 59 passive SBV. The use averages out to ~34 SBV over time, and only if you use it every cd. Add that to the 59 passive and you get 89 SBV on average.

updated with EH gear for most slots, will be adding enchanting section soon!

stay tuned

~ Morpheus

3/4/09 updated with enchant list

~ Morpheus

Great post, been using it quite a bit for my personal gear choices during runs. So keep up the good work .

But one quick little typo
    Thus I would put the slower Broken Promise below the first two faster swords.
    Then it lists "Last Laugh" as the first weapon, which is in fact an axe. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Papertiger View Post
    Great post, been using it quite a bit for my personal gear choices during runs. So keep up the good work .

But one quick little typo Then it lists "Last Laugh" as the first weapon, which is in fact an axe. :P
    heh good catch

fixed.

~ Morpheus

updated with colorz!

inspired by the new template, of course

~ Morpheus

Halandir, let me know if you'd prefer a green name for Author status. You should have all the associated privileges atm.

Separate of that, if you wanted to update this with an "Unhittable" category at some point that would be good. Warriors cannot currently reach it w/ decent gear w/o debuffs on the target (I'm at ~96% in my Block set which is missing one piece). Block Rating, not Block Value, is the core stat for that set, with high Avoidance pieces in slots where that isn't available.

I'd like a green name, sure

and good idea with the "unhittable" set, I'll get to work on that. Thx for the direction.

~ Morpheus

I've logged out in my Avoidance/Block gear. I'm at 100.18% of 102.4% needed for Unhittable. When I grab bracers of Maexxna I'll make a few small adjustments to my enchants and might be able to reach it.

Sorry if this might be a silly question, but I'm getting a bit confused :P

I checked out Cider's block gear which is his avoidance set. Always thought that a blocket was also perfect for trashtanking. Am i mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Sorry if this might be a silly question, but I'm getting a bit confused :P

I checked out Cider's block gear which is his avoidance set. Always thought that a blocket was also perfect for trashtanking. Am i mistaken?
    A set like mine is significantly worse for trash tanking than a Hit/Expertise set. The thing about trash is that, w/ good DPS classes in the raid, damage/threat output becomes the most important thing. After all, the trash isn't going to kill you with either set, as long as healers aren't AFK.

Block sets are really good for solo'ing content. It has almost no use in current raiding.

Thanks alot for clearing that up Cider. I was always in the impression that Block was great for trashtanking (especially trashgroups) due to the Damage Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I've logged out in my Avoidance/Block gear. I'm at 100.18% of 102.4% needed for Unhittable. When I grab bracers of Maexxna I'll make a few small adjustments to my enchants and might be able to reach it.
    Thanks, that helped. I've updated the guide with gear for an "Unhittable" set, working on the gem/enchant sections for the set as well.

Because you're a blacksmith you have an extra 32 defense rating from the extra sockets on bracers and gloves... hopefully defense enchants can compensate a bit, we'll see.

~ Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    Thanks, that helped. I've updated the guide with gear for an "Unhittable" set, working on the gem/enchant sections for the set as well.

Because you're a blacksmith you have an extra 32 defense rating from the extra sockets on bracers and gloves... hopefully defense enchants can compensate a bit, we'll see.
    Grrrrrr you're reminding me that I should become a JC so I can get passive unhittable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Grrrrrr you're reminding me that I should become a JC so I can get passive unhittable.
    I'm wondering if it's possible with the current gear to reach 102.4%, assuming you aren't a BS/JC... I imagine with buffs it's probably doable, but unbuffed idk. I don't have the gear for testing it out, so those of you who have every tanking peice in the game give it a shot!

~ Morpheus

hrm wonder if a Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen would be better than the Signet you had on... Probably not, cause of the loss of defense rating, still--block rating on rings is pretty rare.

~ Morpheus

Truly an impressive list. Grats on the green name, Halandir! (and thanks for the kudos, I'm glad I could be of some help )

thanks vene! I definitely didn't come up with this in a vacuum, I've learned a ton from a lot of people on this site, and I pulled info from a lot of places to put this together... glad I could contribute in a small way.

I've updated the Gem and Enchants section for the Unhittable set, gotta figure out whether 10 parry rating > 20 agility for the unhittable set though...

~ Morpheus

+ Reply to Thread