+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regaining aggro question

Regaining aggro question

I MTed VoA10 for the first time recently and a Paladin was OTing. After I was picked up by Archavon, the OT picked up the aggro and everything was peachy. I was released and attempted to regain aggro by using my taunt then IT/HB/BS/BS/OB. I would rune strike when it was available. This usually is enough to hold aggro on mobs.

This wasn't enough to regain aggro from the Paladin. Do DKs have more difficulty trying to out TPS other classes after they lose it? Do any of you have any suggestions to help rememdy this?

Also, is it standard practice to have the MT and the OT reverse roles after the lunge in this fight?

Thanks.

I'm assuming DK taunt mechanics work like other classes. When you taunt, it puts you at the top of the aggro list, but you have to out-threat the person you taunted off of by normal aggro-pulling range (I think 30%?) before taunt wears off. It's possible that the pally was still outputting a lot of threat, and you weren't able to out-threat him. That'd be my best guess as to what happened.

There's no reason to try and grab back after you get released. Just pick it up when the current tank gets grabbed.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

I like to Taunt after awhile, so I'm highest on threat and the guy who was just tanking is now 2nd. That way the guy always goes after a tank after he picks somebody up. Either way is ok though, I just don't prefer taunting AFTER the throw because he likes to hit people before I can taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbitang View Post
    When you taunt, it puts you at the top of the aggro list, but you have to out-threat the person you taunted off of by normal aggro-pulling range (I think 30%?) before taunt wears off.
    Taunt mechanics haven't worked that way since around the time 40-man Naxx came out (2+ years ago). Taunt now gives you aggro and brings your threat up to that of the person who previously had aggro.
    Armstrong
    <Elysium>
    Burning Legion US

+ Reply to Thread