+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shield Enchant - SBV or Spike?

Shield Enchant - SBV or Spike?

Okay: I'm in the middle of a dilemma. Long story short; I'm between the level 70 SBV enchant and the Titanium Shield Spike.

My base SBV is 937 and the enchant will add 18. According to my math, this will add 37.68593 (as per another thread on this forum) damage to my shield slam.

My block rate is 20% and the average damage of the shield spike will be 56.

According to my math, it's a close call and I'm not sure what to roll with here. Multiple mobs (5-mans and raid trash mobs) will probably do best with the spike as I'm going to have heals on me and the spike will add more to my DPS.

In a boss encounter, SBV will probably help more as I'll have more shield slams than blocks.

Anyone got a few mins to glance over my math or provide me a fresh perspective and highlight something I may have overlooked?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Also, I have the option to throw Defense on the damned thing and swap out a ring to a DPS ring, but that would be avoiding the point altogether and would make me just another cookie-cutter wartard :P

For your main tank set defense is a pretty good stat even after 540, not sure why you want to swap out a defense ring for a dps ring. I'd go with the defense, even if you're at 550 def already.

If you're trying to put together a block set, SBV is nice, and if you have damage shield I frankly can't think of a good reason to get shield spikes over SBV.

I keep a spike on my trash shield. For boss fights you want + def imo. The enchants for shields aren't that great to begin with so I stick the + def on the shield because the options for trinkets/gems and enchants are more worthwhile.

swapping another + def gem or enchant to stam would probably serve you better in the long run then a dps ring. Anything that would give you more than +18 stam would be a good switch.

I'm a little confused. If you were really going to go for SBV why wouldn't you use the +40 SBV enchant that blacksmiths can make?

Quote Originally Posted by manatank View Post
    I'm a little confused. If you were really going to go for SBV why wouldn't you use the +40 SBV enchant that blacksmiths can make?
    Well now I feel stupid LOL.

+ Reply to Thread