+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Problems

Warrior Problems

Hello everyone,
    I am having problems holding aggro when doing heroics and some regular runs. I need to know what I need to do. I know my gear is not the best but I believe it is good enough to do heroics. Thanks for your help.
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    This is my character I will be respecing to 15/5/51 as soon as the server comes up.

My first guess would be your lack of hit rating....lots of misses mean no damage or threat means no aggro...especially when you charge in, miss with the opening shield slam, dps hits a crit, their goes that mob....

moved to armory since technically.... this belongs there.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

as for your spec take that one point out of anger management and put it into deep wounds
    take the point from imp spellreflect and puncture and place those into the fury tree
    armord to the teeth and cruelty
    thatright there is a metric crapton of threaton its own
    then look at your rotations
    Charge, shield slam, concussionblow, shockwave, then spam devastate/heroic strike
    refresh shield slam andrevenge whenever they proc (with aoe targets replace heroic stike with cleave and tab targets applying 1-2 shield slam or revenge on them)

as for your hit rating try to reach the 8% special hit cap

also even for boss fights just b4 u charge in hop into berserker stance and hit the berserker cooldown... charge in and shield slam concussion blow you should be swimming in threat by then

I agree with rubinxt on moving some talent points around. I think for the most part that should solve any threat issues you have for the immediate future. Looking ahead, your top priority should be replacing those shoulders asap. Crusader's Square Pauldrons - Item - World of Warcraft are easily acquired from the AH or Bone-Polished Iceplate Shoulders - Item - World of Warcraft can be picked up from a quest in Grizzly Hills. Both would be good upgrades.

Also look to get your Sons of Hodir rep up for Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle - Item - World of Warcraft and buy Frosthide Leg Armor - Item - World of Warcraft from the AH or a LW buddy; you need to get both.

If someone wants to take a look at me - I'll post here too, since its pretty much same topic.

I'm trying to improve as a tank, but in my guild, i am pretty much the only warrior tank. Please let me know if you see any glaring problems...Having some trouble with tps, same as most warrior tanks atm (until we get the rage buff in 3.1.0 i hope), right now i do over 3-3.5k tps on average, certain bosses as high as 4-4.5k - Am I hitting a "threat cap"? Can i still pump out more? I always use elixer of mighty fortitude and elixer of expertise, and im only about 9 off hit cap because of a recent gear change... Let me know if you have any suggestions.

This is last WWS from our last attempt at an Immortal run (so dps is a little lower for our high hitters, but my tanking is the same as always, sadly - we failed on saph when 1 person died during ice block)
    Wow Web Stats

Here is my current gearset. I switch a few things out if i need the stam/hp, but threat is my most important thing to work on atm. Ive done all raid content, including 25man OS 3d so if you have any specific boss suggestions, I will know what you are talking about! BTW, i know there are better items out there, still waiting to actually see the drops!
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Please help! Thanks

oh and i dont necessarily use a rotation, I use a priority system incorporating my ShieldSlam/Revenge macro (hits whichever is off CD, so if revenge procs, I hit it nearly instantly - and shield slam has priority however, so if it procs, its the first one to go.

Priority List:
    Shield Slam/Revenge
    Devastate (until 5 stacks) - only after to renew CD
    Heroic Strike
    Thunderclap
    Concussion Blow
    Shockwave
    Heroic Throw

And I always start off with my macro buff (and hit every minute) with bloodrage, commanding shout, shield block (since they share a 1 minute CD anyway, saves time to click one macro).

i guess first off,
    change iron will for imp heroic strike
    get rid of improve spell reflect and puncture in favor of improved revenge and armored to the teeth
    the one point in anger management could be better spent elsewhere... like LAST STAND. you need that for those ever present, "oh shit!" moments

if rage is never an issue, consider changing out focused rage for something else, like cruelty

gear needs upgrades too... specially those shoulders, the green ring and adamantite figurine. go into HoL and get the 63 def trinket there off Loken.

threat's based on damage also, but tanking gear naturally has teh strength we need so you dont need to go get dps gear ala shoulders and titansteel mace.

yeah, been trying to get the trinket off thaddius atm good call on the loken one

thanks for all your help i have gotten new shoulders and have started boosting my dodge rating and will be start trying some of the systems you guys have suggested thanks again

+ Reply to Thread