+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Talent Reckoning

Paladin Talent Reckoning

Hi... I've played a pally tank from day 1 and I used "reckoning" to ease my leveling ... but when I started raiding I respecced without it... after wotlk hit I still didn't use it and I don't use it in my build now and I've MTed Naxx, Malygos, everything without an issue...

I've avoided it for raiding cuz imo it only enables bosses to parry more of your attacks...
    I'm just wondering is with the revamp Reckoning now a viable talent for raiding??

Sry if I'm not making myself clear.

Btw here's my armory... The World of Warcraft Armory

Reckoning's viability hasn't really changed much, though now you will have more talent points to play with, so now it is much easier to pick up. I might put some points in it to play with myself, but I am still trying to decide.

One note on it though. You don't need to go 5/5 of reckoning if you don't want to. Going 2/5 or 3/5 will get you a more "efficient" benefit in terms of increase per talent point.

also, just like ret aura was changed in 3.0, reckoning can only proc on a clean hit. I.e: no block, dodge, parry, or miss. If you have holy shield up at all times (which isn't hard. it's a 10 second duration on an 8 second cooldown) then you'll rarely be dealt a clean, unmitigated hit, which makes the 10% proc chance at 5/5 even more extreme. plus, your extra auto-attacks really don't contribute much in the grand scheme of a 25 man raid. You can stack vengeance slightly faster, though

Quote Originally Posted by Erichilles View Post
    also, just like ret aura was changed in 3.0, reckoning can only proc on a clean hit. I.e: no block, dodge, parry, or miss. If you have holy shield up at all times (which isn't hard. it's a 10 second duration on an 8 second cooldown) then you'll rarely be dealt a clean, unmitigated hit, which makes the 10% proc chance at 5/5 even more extreme. plus, your extra auto-attacks really don't contribute much in the grand scheme of a 25 man raid. You can stack vengeance slightly faster, though
    Reckoning has always and still does proc on partial blocks, which is all you would get on a boss (you don't fully block a boss hit).

For some reason, I had it in my head they changed reckoning to proc off of full blocks in Beta, but that may not have gone through (didn't see it on the wowhead talent calculator, would need to check thoroughly)

Sadly, not proccing off of blocks makes reckoning (and ret aura) least useful in the situations where you'd want them the most - aoe pack tanking. Ah well.

Edit: But according to the tooltips on mmo-champion, reckoning will proc off of blocks in 3.1. So that's yay.
    Last edited by morelore; 02-24-2009 at 08:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread