+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Promise

Broken Promise

I was wondering if anyone had done the maths or at least tested out Broken Promise for tanking.

I guess what I'm asking is: is the 2.50 speed that big of a handicap that it's not worth using over Slayer of the Lifeless?

Thanks,
    Jibou.
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

no not at all.

Broken promise is a fine sword and superb for trash tanking in naxx.

I have had it a while and whilst i thought the same as you it has not been the case.

Very nice stats on it and definitely a tank weapon.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

How does it do on boss fights? Because I was thinking that you'd loose lots of Heroic Strikes for just a bit more devastate damage, and seeing as HS is really important atm, I don't know how it will balance.
    Jibou - extremely fat main tank

whether i'm right or not, in my personal opinion I did not think broken promise outperformed a quick weapon, I myself upgraded to it from red sword, enchanted it with accuracy and thought it was going to be awesome but I truly felt a threat drop, it was easier to heroic strike because of the speed requiring less button mashes but I found it difficult to break 5k TPS. On a naxx 10 run later that week Slayer of the Lifeless dropped, stuck a weapon chain on it and went back to it, kept Broken Promise for awhile giving it a go every now and then but always went back to the fast weapon, the heroic strikes were just too important imo. then Last Laugh dropped and of course I sharded both the broken promise and slayer right there and then ^^.

I believe the math has been done that both the Slayer of the Lifeless and the Red Sword of Courage both are better for threat and dps. Its here in this forum somewhere.

What about Broken Promise vs Last Laugh, but think of Avoidance, and on a Human. I've been thinking which would be better for avoidance, because expertise rating definately reduces parries, and so reduces the number of times a boss swing timer is sped up. I lose a total of .20% avoidance switching from Last Laugh to Broken Promise. BUT, I gain a total of 6 expertise (not rating).

Broken Promise > Last Laugh for human in progression tanking
    both bosses I've tanked so far in Ulduar have hit for absolutely ridiculously absurd damage ranges; the reduction in parry chance from Broken Promise + being a human is going to make a difference.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

The thread Satrina linked has great insight and math to it. But it doesn't account for the Rend theory.

This that still being debated on or has using Rend in your Rotation been ruled out? If not they aren't adding the numbers from Rend + imp rend with a slower weapon.

+ Reply to Thread