+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daggers?

Daggers?

So if I remember right the whole reason not to tank with daggers is because they don't scale well with instant attacks. With devastate no longer being a huge part of "the cycle" would a dagger with 1.3 - 1.4 speed yield a higher tps/dps vs a standard 1.6 speed tanking weapon? Im of course assuming a high rage situation where you could spam HS till your fingers hurt. Also how would it affect Deep Wounds?
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

With deep wounds in the mix, the threat gained by wielding a faster dagger should be smaller, but since HS plays such a huge part of our damage/threat it still might yield slightly higher tps. I'd like to test it out or hear from someone who has tried it.

Besides, it'd be fun to have a macro with /poke everytime you devastate.

The other thing that made daggers good back in the day was more white swings for rage income. Since the overall trend is towards a Vael-like 0 white wing performance, that kind of blows that too.

Also at the time that I preferred them, weapons like Quel'Serrar, Thunderfury etc. were in the 1.9 - 2.0 speed range.

Hey, couldn't hurt to play on a target dummy or in a heroic with a group you feel good about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

Has anybody tested this yet or found an answer? I just got a 1.6 speed dagger that pretty much matches my 2.6 speed 1-handed sword in DPS. It also has some attack power and expertise and agility buffs. Should I use it instead of my sword with +25 stam and crit strike buffs? My dagger skill is like 18, so it'll be worthless for a long while, but if it's worth it, I'll start grinding it up.

Thanks!
    Snackpants, Female Night Elf Warrior, Echo Isles
    My allies are my weapon; I am their shield.

+ Reply to Thread