+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naked tank Chef.....

Naked tank Chef.....

OK boys and girls would be interested in your thoughts on this so feel free to add your extensive experience to this thread.

"What is the best tank food?"

Short and sweet I know, but vital in any raid make up to know the answer when your guild chef asks........

Pre - thanks for response

the cptn
    I kill untill I am told to stop, and in that period I do not question the killing. To do so would be nonsense, and innappropriate.

Rhinolicious whatever....the expertise food...

Depends on class. Expertise is kinda crap for Pallies. Dragonfin Filet are better.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

This is some of the food I use and why.

Mammoth Meal (extra AP. usually in dungeons for a cheap boost)

Mega Mammoth Meal (again extra AP. and usually in dungeons)

Grilled Sculpin (another AP food)

Dragonfin Filet ( Extra AP. and for DK's extra parry)

Rhinolicious Wyrmsteak (extra EXP. usually I use in raids when I am MT on boss)

Snapper Extreme (extra hit usually when I am OT or DPS'ing the boss)

Worg Tartare (another option for hit)

P.s long time user and long time recommender first time poster.
    Last edited by zaubade; 02-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.

I nom on the Dragonfin Filet since expertise doesn't do a whole lot for Pally's at this point and I already get a decent amount from a few enchants/glyph.

as a druid im eating 40agi 40stam :>
    Hybrid - Druid/Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    This is what I'm currently using, but only to get me the expertise soft cap. If you're good on that, you'll probably want to look into +hit or whatever you're lacking.

Since I don't currently have any problems with threat I use strength food to up my parry a little.

For me as warrior:

block set > strength/stam food
    Threat > hit or expertise depending on what's needed to close the gap
    Max defensive (yet to be used) agility/stam (more dodge is more dodge)

Aethelas

As a warrior, I snack on rhinolicious wyrmsteak in raids for the expertise buff.

In heroic 5man pugs, I like to drop a great feast. This not only helps to boost everyone's stats, but more importantly its a nice friendly gesture at the start of a run. Makes everyone forgive a sloppy pull later on
    Last edited by Pinky; 02-26-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: edited for readability

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    As a warrior, I snack on rhinolicious wyrmsteak in raids for the expertise buff.

In heroic 5man pugs, I like to drop a great feast. This not only helps to boost everyone's stats, but more importantly its a nice friendly gesture at the start of a run. Makes everyone forgive a sloppy pull later on
    Agreed with the Great Feast. Everyone wins.

By the way, the quoted post sounds like an ad.

"As a warrior, I have to be on top of my game at all times. That's why I eat Rhinolicious Wyrmsteaks!" *cheesy grin*

I use the Expertise food for MT, the Hit food for OT (when attacking from the back for example where Expertise is useless after soft cap for Dodge), Agility food for where threat isn't an issue and I'm just getting beat on, and the Strength food when I feel sassy and want to hit things hard (DPS, that or the hit food).

Mostly though people rotate dropping Fish Feasts and I don't bother.

Typically for Heroics and Raids I'd say Rhinolicious Wymrsteak without a doubt for Warrior Tanks.

One exception I make is when I'm tanking non-heroics for friends who are gearing alts. Fished up from the pool outside of The Violet Hold [wowitem]Slippery Eel[/wowitem] is a pretty sweet food that can take some pressure off of healers still struggling to gear up.

Against trash mobs I've had several healers comment on how little healing I need courtesy of that little fishy.

+ Reply to Thread