+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory of the Raider - Cinematic Movie

Great video Cider!

..however I hate Proto Drakes. The scene you have them all walking around makes me think of a disease and plagued tower taken over by the evil that Malygos stated humans were. >.> Go figure I'd think of something in that fashion. But great editing and movie all together. I just found that part kinda ironic heh

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Incredible movie, awesome job!

Simply Epic. You out do even yourself on this one. The Proto Drake shots at the end gave me chills. Well done. Just so well done.

I should have made a comment earlier when I first watched and forced all my roommates to watch but then I probably wouldn't have thot back to how much the project helped me to know all of these fights like the back of the hand. Thanks for enabling me to be considered a good tank. =D

It goes without saying, but really incredible video that does a lot to show how much artistic quality is put into the raids that many of us take for granted.

/respect
    /bow

Loved it, thx
    Veteran Member of The Dutch Destroyers
    Doomhammer EU Horde

What's the point in having an SSD only with Vista64+WoW ?
    Why not having a separate partition on you main HDD ?
    Just asking cause i'm thinking about buying a new system =)

Quote Originally Posted by anachron View Post
    What's the point in having an SSD only with Vista64+WoW ?
    Why not having a separate partition on you main HDD ?
    Just asking cause i'm thinking about buying a new system =)
    separate partition on the same drive will not increase (comparing to seperate drive) I/O performance.

SSD can do many more operations per sec, bandwidth/Throughput is variable depending on price you pay

Seek times are close to 1ms, scsi about 5ms, sata/ide 11-16
    (it is like broadband with 50ms ping comparing to 250ms for scsi, or 600ms for sata/ide)

now divide 1 sec with those times with those times you will know how many read operations they can handle.
    Last edited by ivp008; 02-25-2009 at 07:06 AM.
    Onlyhuman: EU:Aszune

The SSD is not designed to write large amounts of data with the efficiency of a normal disk, which is also important to know. World of Warcraft does zero writing to the hard drive until you log out of the game, so as a program it gets the most benefit from being run on an SSD. Everything it does is stored in the RAM. I'd recommend against using most programs w/ this setup.

Another thing to note, per video performance: WoW does not benefit from multiple GPUs. The Nvidia GTX 285 is the most powerful WoW card on the market simply because it's the most powerful single GPU card. More expensive SLI or dual-chip setups aren't as good if you're focusing primarily on WoW.

I went off topic while I should focus on something else...

...wanted to thank you for thrills mate, impressive work done, glad we have the Tankspot

(how many hours do you usually sleep? )
    Last edited by ivp008; 02-25-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    Onlyhuman: EU:Aszune

Awesome,Just awesome.err dont have anything else to say really,so i shant.

Maybe a: Well done sir!

Totally Amazing...

Great job and please for the rest of us earthlings keep up the great work!!!

amazing...F'ing amazing...
    Zeppelin, Wow, and Whiskey... Can life get any better? I submit that it Can NOT!

The video was pretty cool.
    Thanks Ciderhelm and the rest of the guys at Tankspot who were involved with the project Marmot videos, they are a valuable resource for me (and once I get a job and have some cash rolling in, I'll sign up as a donor ) as I have been waiting for the rest of my guild to get geared up for Naxx - and didnt really want to go in without them even though I've been 10 man naxx entry ready since mid Januaury as a tank. I have watched the 1st 3 wings video's repeatedly in preperation for our guild's 1st foray into 10 man naxx on friday evening.
    All your threats are belong to me

For all the raid videos where you give your time to helping strangers understand encounters and tactics.

For all the threads and the work that goes into keeping this site top of my list of places to visit to get information and tips that help me be a better tank.

For all the effort you put into creating one of the most amazing Warcraft movies I've ever seen.

All of you at project Marmot have my thanks, my respect, my admiration and my donation.

Thanks for all your efforts! Thanks for helping me be a better tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Natorum View Post
    For all the raid videos where you give your time to helping strangers understand encounters and tactics.

For all the threads and the work that goes into keeping this site top of my list of places to visit to get information and tips that help me be a better tank.

For all the effort you put into creating one of the most amazing Warcraft movies I've ever seen.

All of you at project Marmot have my thanks, my respect, my admiration and my donation.
    Thanks for the kind words, and the donation.

Sends a shiver down my spine, Incredible video!
    Feral Druid
    Best For Blu-Ray High Definition - www.hdmoviesource.com

Best WoW video ever. My hats off to you Cider. Ooh-Rah.

Amazing video! What a treat to us tankspotters and a great tribute to what ppl can do when they work together for a goal.

On a side note... is there a Ciderhelm biography thread? lol Many of us i think are curious about the man behind the legend. I can only imagine the amount of time and energy all this takes. Controlling 1600 guild members, completing all raid achievments, running tankspot etc...u must never sleep :P

Thanks for the best site in the community!

how did you record the boss sounds you use throughout the cinematics?

I have been trying to do this but i cant work out how.

Nereme

+ Reply to Thread