+ Reply to Thread

Thread: engineering helm

engineering helm

i'm lvling my dk professions atm and I was wondering if the northrend tanking engineering helm is worth getting for frost spec or is the blacksmith one better?

The blacksmith one is better for normal tanking until you need more dps/threat. If you are already an engineer I'd recommend making the engi helm to use on trash or weak bosses and get the BS one made for effective health fights. If you aren't already an engineer it is not compelling to pick up just for the helm (pick jewelcrafting, blacksmithing, enchanting or inscriptions instead).

yeah I am an engineer but only a low lvl ( 70 something I think). I am a BS however and I have a jc main how hard is it to lvl inscription with out herbing?

The engineering helm is decent, though not anywhere near the blacksmith BoE one by a far shot if you compare them in therms of health. If you want to min/max your professions Leatherworking, Enchanting, Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting is where you want to go.

That said - engineering is fun... and someone has to bring the repair bots ey?

One more note... I serioulsy recommend against inscription - I find the current shoulder enchant rather lackluster. Just a decent chunk of extra dodge, it's good, but I'd rather have two sockets or completley awesome gems...

Aethelas

One advantage the Engineering helm does have is that you can equip it at lvl72, which is great while you're leveling. It's also got expertise on it, which is more helpful IMO than the extra stamina.

However, either one is fine for gearing yourself up to do Naxx10.

BoP engineering or BoE Blacksmith helm doesn't really matter, both suffice in Naxx and you will replace it in Naxx10 anyway. As mentioned, one thing that is in engineers favor is the ability to equip it at lvl72, but then again, anything below lvl80 doesn't matter really.

To date I have worn this through all of the 25 man boss content with out issue. Of course I am not main tanking Sarth +3 drakes (we are at +1 now working on +2).

I will replace with the Harvester helm if I ever see it, (Vital Protection). I may also grab a EH helm for the big U when that hits - but I have had no issues with content to date using the enginering helm. I love the massive Defense and expertise on it.
    "It takes less time to properly mark, CC and pull then it does to run back from the graveyard".

+ Reply to Thread