+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight DW DPS

Death Knight DW DPS

Hi there, I have a few questions about dw dps as a death knight. I am currently deep frost 2h which deals quite good dps with my gear (The World of Warcraft Armory - mostly t7.5 but still have the Titansteel Destroyer), usually around 3k, depends on the boss but as others in my guild have been gearing up faster than me I have watched my place on the meters slip down to where I'm now very near the bottom and pretty much all members of my raid are pulling 4-5k dps. I've been told that for personal dps (My raid doesn't really need raid buffing as most of mine are provided by hunters/enh shamans) that 32/39 dw uh/fr build is the most efficient, however I'm very unfamiliar with this spec as hardly any of the dks on my server use it and the ones that do differ quite substantially, I was wondering if there is a classic 32/39 spec or if there is a well known one that does alot of dps?

Some of the variations I have seen:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Also I was interested about weapons, I currently have Torment of the Banished (Torment of the Banished - Item - World of Warcraft) as my MH and Split Greathammer (Split Greathammer - Item - World of Warcraft) as my OH for a dw spec, but I've heard that a fast/fast is preferable for a 32/39 and I've also been told that the two best weapons for dw dks atm are Angry Dread (Angry Dread - Item - World of Warcraft) but its quite slow :S and Last Laugh (Last Laugh - Item - World of Warcraft) due to the iLevel 226 and the high dps despite the tanking stats.

So I was wondering if some of the people here at the tankspot commmunity could answer some of my questions/confirm some of what I've heard as I really want to see my raid dps improve, thanks

Last i checked, some of the build that seemed succesfull was:

- 17/0/54 -> 2H
    - 0/32/39 -> DW

Blood (E.g. 50/0/21) specs is showing more up these days as well, i mostly think the reason for it still to be somewhat unpressent is becouse it wasn't really all that good before, then they changed it and it now has to catch up on the lists... also people are proberly more likely to stick with what they prefere...

Ranks

Now i use that site in the way of putting a finger up to feel what way the wind blows...
    People respec and re-equip all the time making it hard to be shure that it's anyway near correct... but looking at enough the above 2 specs + the blood spec or specs near seems to be common trends... also it seems to be common that specs that goes deep in the trees use 2H while hybrids use DW...

As for DW the trend also seems to be fast wielding weapons in both hands...

Now IM a tank so i have limited knoledge... but i know as much as using a 2hander can also compete quite well...

Besides that, maybe a DPS knight may strife by and give pointers, although this is a site with tank focus at the most, im shure theres many DPS'ers here also ...

Already answered his question in another thread.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Tonypablos View Post
    Already answered his question in another thread.
    Just out of curiosity... could you put up a link ...

Thanks.

The 0/32/39 spec is build around pushing spell dmg and disease buffed melee attacks.

Unholy talents boost disease and spell damage, 3 diseases make the BcB and Necrosis combo add a lot of damage to straight melee. Howling Blast allows for a nice aoe and big hit for FU pairs that isn't diminished by having one-hand/fast weapons. Gargoyle adds a nice buff to overall damage, and you are well suited by having a ghoul out at all times. Army of the Dead also does a lot of damage, but you need to be VERY careful about when you use it since the ghouls will all taunt constantly. The spec seems to work fine with fast/fast or slow/fast weapons, but since KM has been changed to PPM a fast main hand doesn't give you the same benefit any more.

That is the "hot" spec, but honestly, if you build it smartly, play it well, and gear/gem/enchant to it, you can do every bit as much dps with different specs. DPSing is significantly influenced by how hard the player works, whatever you decide to do, make it your own and work hard at it.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread