+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DKs and Season 7

DKs and Season 7

Recently ditched my warrior on Taiwan and am now leveling a DK for season 7 on the US servers. From what I hear, DK burst as unholy has gone down the drain, and are now relatively squishier than other classes, since most wear some PVE pieces for the set bonus, and resilience has been buffed - meaning classes that sit in full resil get a bigger benefit. I'm not really interested in PVPing as DW frost, which I've heard is pretty viable against cloth / leather teams... but is Unholy really as bad as people make it out to be?

I'm still experimenting with that spec/combo I want to run but it definitely has been nerfed.

Scourge strike hits/crits for a lot lower (especially low for an armor piercing spell). I've been running SotVH and Death coil is hitting just as hard if not harder than scourge strike.

I haven't tried much 2v2 but in 3's the game is much more enjoyable. It's a lot harder to get a gib now that damage has been nerfed. Closer to chess than it was before.

Looks like they're nerfing ghoul stun to 1 minute next patch.

Apparently people on AJ are now saying warriors are overpowered, especially since you can get 40% ArP while still wearing mostly PVP pieces.

The grass is always greener on the other side, heh >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    Apparently people on AJ are now saying warriors are overpowered, especially since you can get 40% ArP while still wearing mostly PVP pieces.

The grass is always greener on the other side, heh >_>
    haha

Serves you guys right for ditching your warriors and going to the darkside.

Sell Outs...

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Serves you guys right for ditching your warriors and going to the darkside.

Sell Outs...
    <3

I honestly like playing DK more than warrior in terms of playstyle. If they nerfed some DK abilities (see last patch and if they nerf Chains of ice in the future) I would still play.

The interesting thing is that with the changes from 3.2 the warriors stayed almost exactly where they were before (with a slight buff to AP through Armored to the Teeth) and it was the other classes that changed, which led to the idea of the warrior being overpowered. I will tell you that since I have changed my gear around to favor ArP I have found myself able to drop most any class in equal or similar gear to mine. However, if I went with the full STR route then every single melee dps class in the game was tearing me up. I couldn't kill them before they could kill me.

So while I can understand the sympathies that warrior damage is too high, it isn't that high unnecessarily. Before the patch it didn't matter what kind of gear the warrior was in, the DK was probably going to do more damage than the warrior. Now that the roles are reversed everyone wants to nerf warriors down

hrm, time to regem to ArP it seems...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I love me some armor pen...it's so much more satisfying of a stat than strength is...I just feel like it's got a much more obvious effect on your burst.

Yeah, I've just been lazy about regemming, but I've got Grim Toll in my gearset too, should've done it sooner =T

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Yeah, I've just been lazy about regemming, but I've got Grim Toll in my gearset too, should've done it sooner =T
    Totally felt the same way on this. I was honor capped when patch released and already decked out my tanking gear in epic gems from badges so I decided to pick up epic for my pvp set. When i was looking at it I remember how frustrated I had been getting with EVERY SINGLE CLASS in the game just trainwrecking me while I was in my STR gear. So I finally gave in and made all the epic cuts ArP and threw on my GT. I won't look back until they nerf ArP into the ground. It makes a world of difference.

Oh and sorry for the thread derail :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwraith View Post
    <3

I honestly like playing DK more than warrior in terms of playstyle. If they nerfed some DK abilities (see last patch and if they nerf Chains of ice in the future) I would still play.
    I played a DK up to 58 and became insanely annoyed by how many darn abilities they had. And while Paladins seem to graceful blend there holy spells with their melee attacks, DKs just look sloppy.

I love what a Warrior is capable of pulling off with what abilities it has, when played properly. Not relying on pets, CCs, etc.

This is coming from an extreme DK hater though.

P.S nerf chains and Hungering Cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I played a DK up to 58 and became insanely annoyed by how many darn abilities they had. And while Paladins seem to graceful blend there holy spells with their melee attacks, DKs just look sloppy.

I love what a Warrior is capable of pulling off with what abilities it has, when played properly. Not relying on pets, CCs, etc.

This is coming from an extreme DK hater though.

P.S nerf chains and Hungering Cold.
    They don't have any more abilities than warriors really.

And I like being able to have some control over a fight vs. MS and hope something dies.

And I agree CoI/HC are too strong for a melee class.

On another note I tried DW frost yesterday. Just bought two maces but didn't enchant so I could try them out. It was ok but didn't really impress me enough to make the switch. I sold em back and got legs to complete my Furious set

I'll probably try the new "shadowfrost v2" spec that's being talked about on AJ/EJ sometime soon.

Buddy of mine just started rolling around in some BGs with DW frost. He picked up 2 of the furious maces with extra points he had laying around to see how it did. According to him there is alot of damage and pretty numbers flying around all over the place, but that he didn't feel it was as formidable as whatever the other spec was he was using (im not a DK, i dont keep up with these things).

Blood

I started PVPing at the end of season 6 with my DK (about a week before it ended) mostly because i had a weird theory about sudden doom + unholy blight + Dark Death and UB Glyphs.

I ended up tweaking my spec because the death coils just weren't as big and awesome as I had hoped for :P But I stayed Blood.

I ended up with a rotation of Heart Strike (glyphed snare) 2xoblits (Sigil of Virulence - Item - World of Warcraft) then popping dancing rune weapon, hysteria and unloading 6 heart strikes. I don't even disease.

I am not the most geared but this seems to destroy most people I face, provided I live long enough. (only sitting on 500 resilience so far, but hes getting better)

Am I doing something right? Did I stumble onto a bug or is this intended? Or is it just the DK pvp is better than most?

Can it be improved? Is there a glass ceiling in this spec? Everything I look for seems to point unholy, but this is working pretty good for being in crap gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Krain View Post
    Can it be improved? Is there a glass ceiling in this spec? Everything I look for seems to point unholy, but this is working pretty good for being in crap gear.
    You might find this blood thread on Aj to be useful for blood info:

The Real Premier Blood Spec(s) - Arena Junkies Forums

Build

All of the builds on that thread went into frost.

Since mine is disease-less, this is what I went with
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

+ Reply to Thread