+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DK tank frost build questions

I might start off with this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...5&version=9614

Also, sounds like there are new glyphs including one for HB as well.

The new HB glyph might be amazing. With the nerf to HB's bonus damage though I don't think it will be able to compete with Obliterates damage, even with a sub-par weapon. I have queued my character for the copy so I'm just waiting for it to go through. I won't have any final thoughts until I'm able to run the numbers but here is the build I'm looking at. Keep in mind that MMO's talent calculator isn't 100% accurate such as BotN still being a 5 point talent, it should only be 3.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...5&version=9614

The above build takes both Acclimation and Imp Frost Presence for max mitigation. We don't know what Ulduar will offer in terms of magic damage/fights yet but I prefer Acclimation and IFP over Icy Reach and Rime.

Rime loses it's splendor with the new HB rune and if with the new Pestilence glyph (Unsure if they're adding a new one that is major or just changing the minor Glyph) you can keep up both diseases with 1 blood rune, disease management will be a thing of the past.

Likewise if the minor Glyph is changing instead of needing a Major Glyph spot then there using Glyph of HB would be an easier decision to make. The more I think of it the less impressed I am lol but I was pretty stoked when I first saw it. Seems more like a gimick as time passes. Any way you look at it IT would only be used on the initial pull if at all and pestilence would do the rest of the work for the rest of the fight.

Glyph setup would look like this.
    Frost Strike
    Obliterate
    Howling Blast or Pestilence if it's a major.

IBF is useless now and has become a PvP Glyph lol.... so sad.

My mind is a jumbled mess right now, some of what I said may not make sense lol.
    Last edited by Inaara; 02-24-2009 at 01:41 PM.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I just wonder about that spec Inaara, cause you only put 3 points in Blood of the North, so its then only a 60% chance for a death rune.

I'm on the fence with Improved Frost Presence. Its cool that there is no more auras (that idea stunk anyways) but the only thing there that helps with tanking is the -4% (with 2 points) of added spell damage taken. Other than that I would think that would be a DPS talent or solo talent rather than tanking. It only gives the 10% bonus health in blood or unholy presence.

I'm still focusing on the HB spec/rotation rather than Obliterate, since I'm not that far geared yet (now 533 def, finally got that darn trinket!).

For the new glyph for howling blast, I'm wondering about that will work.
    mmo-champion says that it will put frost fever on targets hit by howling blast, but what will trigger first the glyph or the 50% damage boost on the spell? If it triggers second then we won't get the 50% damage but the 50% damage increase will only happen the next time we use it. It would be nice as a disease spreader.

The glyph for IBF I'm really frowning on. I greatly enjoyed the free IBF. This was a big nerf for tanking. GG blizz on that one. So I guess I have to replace that with the D&D glyph.

I only put 3 points in BotN because Bliz said they were changing it to 3 points, I was able to ge on the PTR last night and it is still 5 points so that idea is scratched for now. Maybe they'll change it in the future.

I took Imp Frost Aura for maximized mitigation, this is with Ulduar in mind.

Due to tha fatal errors I was unable to test the new glyph however I'm almost certain that damage will be dealt before frost fever is applied so you won't get the bonus damage on the first one. You have to remember though that it will still be affecting everything hit by HB with Frost Fever, that saves you from having to Pestilence and alows you to use your Blood Runes to BB. AoE tanking will be as simple as HB-BB-BB-HB.

And finally yes.... IBF not being free makes me a sad panda, but at least it's an easy choice for which glyph to replace for HB lol.

Agg's tanking guide

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Sometimes i spec into acclamation...sometimes i dont.

As you can see im trying to spec into some more damaging abilities...since I have good gear I can afford to drop some points in defensive abilities like Acclamation.

I have a deiiferent spec for every day of the week...but these have always worked perfectly for me.
    Last edited by Laidback; 02-26-2009 at 02:48 PM.

oops?

Agg's tanking guide

+ Reply to Thread