+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best-in-Slot Equipment - low hit?

Best-in-Slot Equipment - low hit?

Hit there Tankspot!

I've got some "trouble" concerning Best-in-Slot gear and reaching hit-cap.

When looking across the several gear-listings and suggestions on which piece to take over the other, i am at a point, where i am unsure which way to go.

If you take a look at my armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

You can see, that my equipment is pretty good.

But i'm lacking one thing: hit-rating.

So one thing is clear: I need Ablative Chitin Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft from Maexxna. That would put me to around 4% hit. Still not enough in my eyes.

So which way to go? Socket for Hit? Go for Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets - Item - World of Warcraft although my current bracers are "better"? Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for some input to think about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Katarn - Lvl 80 Orc Warrior on Dethecus EU

Your hit is indeed too low and you are over expertise soft cap. I reccomend dropping some of those expertise gems, and regeming with +8 hit/12 sta gems.

Even tho I dont use "best in slot" equipment this is how I balanced my stats so far: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Bola View Post
    Your hit is indeed too low and you are over expertise soft cap. I reccomend dropping some of those expertise gems, and regeming with +8 hit/12 sta gems.

Even tho I dont use "best in slot" equipment this is how I balanced my stats so far: Armory
    "best in slot" is always relative

Your suggestion sounds nice - if only those +8 hit/12 sta gems were red or orange, not green.

So when socketing 8 hit/12 sta, i have dump some def or stam for it - what is not the thing i want to do.

Just found out, that Breastplate of Tormented Rage - Item - World of Warcraft has some hit too. With that thing + Ablative chitin, my hit-problems would be gone

--> Solution found, thank you guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

According to this thread:

33 hit rating translates into a 1% increased chance to hit while 33 expertise rating translates to 4 expertise skill, which is a 1% reduction in the boss' chance to both parry and dodge. This means that up to a skill of 26 (at which point dodges have been eliminated) expertise is effectively giving you a 2% increase in your chance to hit the boss from the avoidance reduction. Past 26 expertise skill, both stats will give you the same increase in TPS/DPS, but expertise will continue to reduce parries, which reduces the chance of a tank gib, making it a superior stat to stack until you reach the "cap" of 57 expertise.
    As you are not at the 57 expertise cap, does it not make sense to keep your current amount of expertise instead of trying to trade it for more hit?

Get Platinum Mesh Cloak for 25 valor, it has hit and I consider it better than what you have.

bah if taunt fails we have mocking blow/intervene and challenging shout. don't drop expertise for it.

i would most like to see you get rid of defenders code and pick up repelling charge

once you get rid of that trinket you can replace those defense gems that you have. your also valuing your socket bonuses way to much. your sacrificing health for extra defense in 3 places. (and you wont need to get those extra points if you have this trinket) and get the platinum mesh cloak

you also seem to be valuing expertise way more then other stats. you are handicapping yourself by doing this. your over all avoidance is lower then what it should be. id suggest picking up a better chest (t7.5?)

also.. get rid of tuskars vitality and get 22 stam to boots. an increased movement speed isnt doing anything for you in terms of tanking
    Last edited by squats; 02-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbombs View Post
    bah if taunt fails we have mocking blow/intervene and challenging shout. don't drop expertise for it.
    Well if we're going to revive the hit/expertise debate...
    TC / SW / Heroic Throw / Shield Bash (assuming mob is casting). Those aren't effected by expertise either.

I like balancing my stats, so I've been doing +8 exp / +8 hit gems (after the expertise softcap ofc).

You also have a lot of +defense gems when you're sitting at 560 defense. I think if you're serious about hit you can come down a little from that rather than wait for better drops.

tuskar's vitality is my preferred boot enchant too since I like being able to move quickly from mob to mob, and sometimes it makes the difference between a shield slam on a running mob or a "target out of range".

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    tuskar's vitality is my preferred boot enchant too since I like being able to move quickly from mob to mob, and sometimes it makes the difference between a shield slam on a running mob or a "target out of range".
    i never have that issue.. with charge, thunderclap, and heroic strike

im just saying. he's favoring stats that he doesn't need to have, and would benefit more if he wasn't focusing on them

My best suggestion would be to look at other tanks armory's and take ideas from what they have done and mould it into your own idea.

My Armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I think I'm going to stop passing on the T7.5 helm this week, probably won't drop this week now I have mad the decision though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    i never have that issue.. with charge, thunderclap, and heroic strike

im just saying. he's favoring stats that he doesn't need to have, and would benefit more if he wasn't focusing on them
    Both enchants are roughly equivalent. 7 stamina isn't much of a difference and isn't game shattering. Some people just like the added mobility.

just take food and elixir for hit if threat is a concern within your raid group. There are only 2 bosses where taunting is required and mocking blow does the trick on a missed taunt. Gear right now is a lot more lenient than it used to be in my opinion and I have been creating my gearsets, gearing and enchanting to the items strength. Yes, this means that on my avoidance gears I have defense gems. The low hit on the gear is a bit of an issue but I don't feel it is critical at this stage of raiding.

Some more things relating to this post:

- I ran into this low-hit thing, when getting 3 major upgrades on one evening. (I think it was Malygos legs, last laugh, T7.5 Hands)
    - Before that i gemmed 8def/12stam to have the most flexibility with my gear for example, when i'm wearing frostres-gear or something to stay above 540.

What i did now is replacing my cloak (thanks Gnurken) and change some gems to 8hit/12 stam. So now i'm sitting at 4.8% hit without losing too much defensive stats. One more upgrade with hit (girdle / breastplate) and my gear will be well rounded. At least from my point of view. Gemming hit is not the way one would expect to go as a tank

Repelling Charge is very high on my wishlist, but i've never been lucky with it.

So once again big thank you from germany for your input. Hope my english is okay for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

only one thing on my wish list - last laugh.

everyone seems to have it except me.

Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by robbon View Post
    only one thing on my wish list - last laugh.

everyone seems to have it except me.

Feeling with you. The tanks in my guild - including me - also got the impression that axe doesn't exist. Until last week it dropped for the first time for us. And I was lucky to get it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread