+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malygos DK Tank Gear?

Malygos DK Tank Gear?

So my guild has its first ever Malygos10 raid tonight. I'm pretty excited since we are very close to completing our 10man raid progression.

That being said, I was looking at the Malygos10 loots on wowhead and I was a bit disappointed by what I saw. At first glance, there doesn't really appear to be anything at all worth picking up as a DK tank.

If I missed something, would someone please be so kind as to point it out to me?

My character is pretty well geared right now. I'm using Death's Bite as my tanking weapon (DK) and its pretty sweet. I'm an orc so I get the bonus expertise from axes which is a big plus as well. And I'm just not seeing anything on his 10man loot table that is really even good for a DK tank.

As a followup, I also am the first one in my guild to receive the Key of the Focusing Iris. I was looking at the quest amulets and the tanking neck has Shield Block on it, which makes it worthless for a DK. I feel like there is nothing in this encounter for me at all, except Champion of the Frozen Wastes title.

There isn't anything for a DK tank on his loot table. 25 man has the legs. Blood definetely falls behind Unholy and Frost for Malygos, with Unholy offering AMZ and Ebon Plague and Frost allowing you to continue DPS during the Vortex via Howling Blast. During the Vortexes you will not be able to DPS Malygos short of IT and Blood Boil.

As Unholy my BB's convert my blood runes into death runes which allows for more IT spamage. While I don't think you'll have any threat problems given your progression, every bit of extra damage helps. If you haven't already done so, please watch Ciderhelms video guide and have the rest of your raid do the same.

Edit: Responding to your follow-up, get the DPS neck lol.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

If you're only doing 10 man content, Black Ice is an amazing tanking weapon. Death's Bite for more general use, Black Ice for pure mitigation though.

Black Ice is pretty good however I saw a bunch of hunters in the roster so I assume 1 would be going.

Agg's tanking guide

I don't like agility weapons. Black Ice seems like a waste for a DK. Losing out on a whole lot of AP by using an agility based weapon instead of a strength based weapon.

Edit: And I was considering speccing Unholy for tonight. My current Blood Spec which you can see on my armory is a High-Threat build. I was considering going Unholy for AMZ and some of the other good stuff.

Like Yanger said, it's an avoidance weapon. Death's Bite blows it out of the water in ever other aspect.

Agg's tanking guide

surge needle is a damn sexy dps ring if you ever need to swap it out for more dps/tps =x

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    Like Yanger said, it's an avoidance weapon. Death's Bite blows it out of the water in ever other aspect.
    Black Ice also offers more hit rating, although not a lot.

I use black ice for tanking and I switch between the jawbone and armageddon for dps depending though I am leaning towards arm being better for pure dps...but i dont know yet as ive only had each for about a week.

But as for black ice....the only thing that I wish it had more of was stam. But I am very comfortable tanking with it. I tanked Sarth 3d when we dropped 3 drakes and I also tanked Malygos 25 without a hitch.

I would highly recommend fighting for Black Ice...with all you have if it drops...

Black Ice is well worth fighting for however I would still pass to a hunter or feral druid if they really needed it DB is on par with it in almost every respect.

Me personally as a DK tank, i use Inevitable Defeat, i mean 120 stam, theres only 1 other raid worthy weap that has more stam(betrayer), 80 agi AND 100 str? not to mention the expertise, IMHO i think it's one of, if not the, best 2h tank weaps

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Me personally as a DK tank, i use Inevitable Defeat, i mean 120 stam, theres only 1 other raid worthy weap that has more stam(betrayer), 80 agi AND 100 str? not to mention the expertise, IMHO i think it's one of, if not the, best 2h tank weaps
    ID is the best in slot tanking weapon for a DK atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Barackstar View Post
    ID is the best in slot tanking weapon for a DK atm.
    of course it is....but it has not dropped in 9 weeks of naxx 25 for my guild

+ Reply to Thread