+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Tank? How Viable for Raids?

Blood Tank? How Viable for Raids?

I'm looking at tanking as a blood build to try it out. Haven't specced it yet and would like some imput on the build. From what i see, it doesn't look bad but lacks some AoE threat possibilities. Allthough, I am most of the time the OT for my guild, and as some fights require only one tank, This build would help my DPS I imagine.Thanks in advance for the help.

Possible Blood Tank Build:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Hi Northsoul,

You are correct in your analysis. Blood tanks sacrifice some AoE utility in exchange for, in my opinion, becoming a lot more efficient on a single target. I'd like you to consider this build: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000 There's one point missing, so you could put that in Lichborne or Blood Gorged depending on yoru preference. It uses a similar rotation IT > OB > OB > HS for max efficiency in damage and lack of Global Cooldowns for easier reaction. The most common single-target rotation for a blood tank is OB>IT>PS>HS>HS//OB>OB>HS>HS//repeat. Your rune strike should eat most of your RP, if you find you have a moment to spare use a DC. The most obvious difference between the two builds is the lack of Morbidity ranks. However, this build puts those ranks into talents that should offer higher single target dps for you, which as you wanted should help you in fights where only one tank is needed. I recommend having at least the Obliterate glyph and the Rune Tap glyph for this build.

I myself am a blood tank. I actually main tank most of the time, or OT when my lag gets bad.

Here's my armory, it seems to work the best for me. If you have any questions about the build or anything, just post back.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bloodomen, It helps alot with the build.
    Can you post your AoE rotation though? ty

First, I advise getting Glyph of Death and Decay - Spell - World of Warcraft. for rotations I drop DnD. IT, PS,(Pest. when needed) HS, HS (OB or DS), HS, HS. Repeat from IT if DnD is still on CD.(Spam Runestrike anytime its up or keybind to all your attacks.)

It's fairly easy to hold AoE aggro. With the glyph doing 20% more with the spec you can drop a DnD every 30 sec and hold aggro no problem. With HS since the latest patch hits 2 targets it's simple to hold two and when doing 3+ dark command or a switch target HS will do. Keep in mind to do plenty of Obliterates and Death strikes so at 1 time you can pop off 6 Heart strikes in a row. This spec is big on hitting targets with HS so a good expertise and hit makes the system run smooth.
    Last edited by bloodomen; 02-18-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread