+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trash mob (lvl 82) defcap 535, what about hit/exp?

Trash mob (lvl 82) defcap 535, what about hit/exp?

So, I'm trying to put together MY ultimate Trash gear which would have high SBV/SBR and close to the caps on hit and expertise. But I have no clue what the expertise and hit cap for level 82 mobs is.

Can someone please post the ratings and values for this or maybe direct me to some math on how to find the caps out?

This is what I came up with so far in terms of gear: chardev.org - a World of Warcraft Character Planner - x

I'm not going all out on SBR to still be able to have high hit and expertise. Aiming for level 82 mob soft cap for expertise and then level 82 hit rating for mobs - 40 (food buff).

Used to be 6% miss against lvl 72 in TBC, I am not aware of any testing made in WotLK that would show differenet number, but since miss against +3 lvls is proven to have changed, maybe against +2 lvls it changed too :s

Parry and dodge both should be basic 5% + 0.2% per level of difference, so 5.4% should cap it, with some exceptions like 1st boss in UK hc sporting abnormally high parry score.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    Used to be 6% miss against lvl 72 in TBC, I am not aware of any testing made in WotLK that would show differenet number, but since miss against +3 lvls is proven to have changed, maybe against +2 lvls it changed too :s

Parry and dodge both should be basic 5% + 0.2% per level of difference, so 5.4% should cap it, with some exceptions like 1st boss in UK hc sporting abnormally high parry score.
    Ok, so the ratings we can confirm are:

defcap: 535
    expertise: 181 rating (22 value) for softcap, (using A list of useful Tanking Formulas for Warriors - Dodge, Parry, Block or chardev.org I could never land on exactly 5.4%, it was either 5.25% or 5.5% so that's why it's 181)

and

hit is supposed to be: 197 rating for 6%

and expertise hardcap unknown.

Anyone else got some confirmed values for trash (level 82) or other suggestions?

You need 5.0% hit to cover your basic miss chance against a level 80 mob, then 5.2% for 81, 5.4% for 82, jumping to 8.0% for level 83. For a trash set, you'll want around 177 hit rating.

Expertise dodge and parry cap are the same for a level 82 mob at 5.4% following the same progression. The big jump in parry cap only happens for bosses. 32.78999 expertise rating gets you 1%, so you again want 177 rating or 22 expertise skill as noted above.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

+ Reply to Thread