+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Lore's UI

I am using your UI, but i have a question, I no longer see the BOSS health bars on the side of the screen, (ie the 3 Stone Dogs) I use these for easy switching between targets, but now it doesnt show, all iget is the shared health pool from dbm, ive looked through the settings of the addons and can not figure out which one is removing these frames, any ideas?

i can't find the DL link i tried setting it up on my own but skinner is giving me alot of trouble

Problems with Grid

I could just be crazy but - Grid has a Clamp to screen option - if it was all over the place depending on group sizes its because the layout moved it off the screen and viewporter & skinner did some unusual things to my screen such as move things around in bgs... Grid(2) has such a simplistic layout but not everything is in a recognizable place nor very clear in some aspects. give peace a chance.

@Yverodagny

There is no DL link which is why there is such an extensive how to video. What are the problems you are having with skinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstain View Post
    @Yverodagny

There is no DL link which is why there is such an extensive how to video. What are the problems you are having with skinner?
    i followed the video exactly but when ever i go to change how high i ant the bottom bar to go nothing happens for a while then as im moving the slider it will randomly cover my entire screen

Looks nice and clean, far better than my shamble attempts. I redesigned the raid frames using pitbull to look like grid as I like to have minimal raid/party frames to see who's not dead and if healers have enough mp before the next pull. Means I can also target them and give them HoP if they're being a bit too nuke happy.

I also prefer Bartender over Pitbull since Bartender allows you to use more than just 6 action bars and comes with its own out of range colour indicator.

Have you thought about using AutoBar for things like food and potions? It's a nice addon for organising consumables and popup menus so you can look through which foods you've got without having to take up several buttons on your main action bars.
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 12-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yverodagny View Post
    i followed the video exactly but when ever i go to change how high i ant the bottom bar to go nothing happens for a while then as im moving the slider it will randomly cover my entire screen
    I've been having trouble with Skinner too. It's leaving shadows of the panels' last state so you can't see what you're doing until you reload the ui. I've reported a bug to the author with a screenshot of the mess it makes. You have to kinda guess you've resized it and positioned it the way you want it and then reload the ui. Once you've got it the way you want it though (after much tweaking and reloading) the panels will work just fine. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

An alternative is to use SunnArt Viewport and Kgpanels to make virtually the same effect.

As a fellow Prot pally, I loved your UI Lore. I customized mine to be very similar, but I use Xperl instead. Personal preference I guess. I had been using TitanPanel, but after watching these videos and trying Chocolate I am addicted to it. It's so much more customizable than Titan was.

One issue I have been having though is one of the add-ons listed (I havent installed my old add-ons that I used prior to redesigning this UI) keeps unbinding my escape key to bring up my game menu and/or deselect targets. I can't figure out what is doing it. i modified a few keybindings with Dominoes, but I didn't touch the escape key. Usually reloading fixes it for a few minutes, but it is never a permanent fix. I also enabled the LUI errors to display, and nothing has shown a conflict before or right after my escape key becomes unbound. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem as well.

I have had this issue but it was not as persistant as yours sounds like. Usually when I notice a similar issue, it is when I am attempting to log and the game menu will not come up. I have been able to use the micro menu to open the game menu and log out and that has always fixed the issue. This is pretty rare for me, though.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I too, utilize Pitbull for my raidframes. I have found that it is more useful to me to have them only visible in certain situations, i.e. 10 frames for 10-man raids, 0 frames for solo, etc. Having too many unit frames indicating the same thing aggros my OCD.

One of the issues that I have atm, is during raid time, DBM has a lot going on, and there is too much clutter. I need to add error text removal in my macros, and use better placement, so that raid warnings dont sit on top of themselves. Which brings me to my next point. Skinner. To this point, I have been using kgpanels, which is very good for what it does, and art can be imported and used as well. Your use of Skinner has me thinking otherwise though. I like the viewport customizations, and I like the intuitive mod interface. All of which kgpanels does not provide.

Lore, you very well may have inspired me to re-do my UI with a few of your suggestions, but with Grid, I am not convinced. I am not a healer, tho, so what it offers, to me, is no better than Pitbull. Thank you for the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rithgor View Post
    I am using your UI, but i have a question, I no longer see the BOSS health bars on the side of the screen, (ie the 3 Stone Dogs) I use these for easy switching between targets, but now it doesnt show, all iget is the shared health pool from dbm, ive looked through the settings of the addons and can not figure out which one is removing these frames, any ideas?
    Edit: My bad, wrong info.

It's likely disabled Boss Frames on the Chinchilla Minimap settings. Check the Show/Hide to see if it's been unchecked.

If you want the boss frames to be configurable in Pitbull4 then keep them hidden in Chinchilla and visit http://www.wowace.com/addons/pitbull...c-boss-frames/ for instructions on how to edit Pitbull4 to include boss frames. It's a bit of a hashed attempt but it's workable, then you just set up the frames the way you want them.
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 12-12-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Shadowed unit frames is awful.

after more hours than I would even like to count, I finally have my UI set up like this! Thanks for the instructional video... helped a lot!

+ Reply to Thread