+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Lore's UI

New UI

Hi Lore and everyone on Tankspot, this is my first post, I'll try not to act like a noob.

First of all thx for the new UI. I always watched the tankspot vids and was like, I want that UI! Now I have it thx to your download but I have a couple of questions for I'm posting these two screenshots of 2 errors that I keep getting. I have no idea what do do about these errors.

Also as you can see, I'm a warrior and if you look you can see that for some reason, with the new UI, my stance Icons are hanging out in the middle of my screen and I cant seem to move them. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks again for all the help, this site rocks.

Kaapro

Use /bartender to bring up the bartender options, unlock the bars and drag your stance bar to whereever you'd like it.

Unfortunately i can't help you with those errors, i use neither atlaslootfu or cowtip. You could try looking around for updated versions of those mods. I think atlaslootfu is part of the atlaslootenhanced package.

Quote Originally Posted by Diridin View Post
    Use /bartender to bring up the bartender options, unlock the bars and drag your stance bar to whereever you'd like it.

Unfortunately i can't help you with those errors, i use neither atlaslootfu or cowtip. You could try looking around for updated versions of those mods. I think atlaslootfu is part of the atlaslootenhanced package.

Got the stance buttons fixed, thank you very much... as for the errors, I'd like to keep atlasloot so I'm still tryin to figure that error out but as far as cowtip goes,,, do I need that to make other addons work?

It's a tootip addon, i'm not aware of any addons that are dependent on it. Atlasloot like i said you should just try to get an updated version of atlasloot at it's home site. I also recommend deleteing the old version before you install the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaapro View Post
    Hi Lore and everyone on Tankspot, this is my first post, I'll try not to act like a noob.

First of all thx for the new UI. I always watched the tankspot vids and was like, I want that UI! Now I have it thx to your download but I have a couple of questions for I'm posting these two screenshots of 2 errors that I keep getting. I have no idea what do do about these errors.

Also as you can see, I'm a warrior and if you look you can see that for some reason, with the new UI, my stance Icons are hanging out in the middle of my screen and I cant seem to move them. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks again for all the help, this site rocks.

Kaapro
    Dunno about the AtlaslootFu error, as I don't use the mod. But there's a simple fix for the Cowtip error. From the wowinterface.com comments on Cowtip:

Quote:
    Originally posted by User4574
    Code:
    Error: ERROR: <unnamed>:SetFont(): invalid fontHeight: 0, height must be > 0
    AddOn: CowTip
    File: Appearance.lua
    Line: 426
    Count: 2

I have the same problem and, knowing a little Lua, I took a look at the code.

I'm not sure why the problem is occurring the font size is read using :GetFont() just before setting it but it's easy enough to get rid of the error. Just replace these lines:

Code:
    if v:GetObjectType() == "FontString" then
    local _, size, style = v:GetFont()
    v:SetFont(font, size, style)
    end

With these ones:

Code:
    if v:GetObjectType() == "FontString" then
    local _, size, style = v:GetFont()
    if size > 0 then
    v:SetFont(font, size, style)
    end
    end
    Make sure you're making this change in the Appearance.lua file, and you shouldn't see that error again.

Can i just ask for anybody that may have downloaded Lore's UI, how much addon memory does it actually take up.

can we copy your profile for pitbull.. or how would we set that up? Also, if we copy your bartender profile will that only work for pallys since the spells are all the same and what not?

Thanks for the UI Lore, as I see I am not the only one who has been waiting for this complilation

I have got everything running just fine with one exception. For some reason when I try to eat/drink it lets me for like half a second then I stand up again, definately nothing wrong with my keyboard or mouse though, any ideas?

[quote=Lore;197154]Regarding the blank area at the bottom of my screen: Skinner does all of that (see the "Making it Pretty" section in the OP)

[quote]

Where is the making it pretty section? i cannot find it on the options

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoyah View Post
    Thanks for the UI Lore, as I see I am not the only one who has been waiting for this complilation

I have got everything running just fine with one exception. For some reason when I try to eat/drink it lets me for like half a second then I stand up again, definately nothing wrong with my keyboard or mouse though, any ideas?
    Nvm, I ticketed a GM about it and they stated that they would look into it, 20 minutes later (after 6 hours of it) it started working again, patch coming soon eh

Quote Originally Posted by motrex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Regarding the blank area at the bottom of my screen: Skinner does all of that (see the "Making it Pretty" section in the OP)
    Where is the making it pretty section? i cannot find it on the options
    He meant in the Original Post (i.e the post that contains the download link on page 1 of this thread) there is a section entitled "Making it Pretty" that explains how to make the the addons look exactly like his UI

hope that explained it.

>-----EDIT-----<

I just looked back at the OP and there isn't a Making it Pretty section but i believe all the information you need can be found under "Installation Instructions"

Curse Client

For everyone out there that is using this UI, i suggest you all download ''curse client''
    it will keep all your addons up to date and will reduce the amount of errors coming up. instead of having to download from a website, it does it for you
    darrkill
    Last edited by darkkill; 06-25-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Source: Kaapro

Stance Bar..
    try typing /bt
    or
    there should be a icon on your minimap ''bartender''
    that will let you move your bars to where ever you want.
    if it still dosent move then try the /bt and go all the way down to stance bar in the list, click unlock and then try move it
    you should be able to move it by then
    darkkill

Item rack Issue

Got you UI and when i first Used item rack your armor sets were listed etc. So i did a complete reset, but now I cannot find the trinket menu. I've clicked for the options for it in setting but alas, not trinket bars. What do i need to do to fix the error?

Downloading the link

i extract everything in the .zip, and do the instructions, but when i log in my character, im not able dropdown and select the "Lore - Eredar" option. I re downloaded the link and extracted again, and it still didn't work. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me

i tried downloading your UI from the link and when i try extracting it, it says that the folder is empty do you know what would be wrong with it?
    Would it possibly be a problem with the operating system? i am currently running 64-bit vista

Hey there Lore

I've watched all your Marmot videos on this site religiously and just recently (on your XT Hard Mode kill) you are using an add-on that is not on any of your other videos nor is it on your UI compilation (though I don't know for sure)

What I'm wondering is on your new XT Hard Mode movie what is the name of the addon at the top of you screen dead center that shows necessary debuffs on the boss (ie: curses, JoL, JoW, Sunder, TC, Demo...)

Right now I'm running DebuffEnough but it is time consuming scrolling over the box to figure out whats missing plus it seems to be a little outdated. Your addon, shows a visual to let me know who I need to yell at :P

Thank and keep up the good work!

IE

when i try to download via the link abouve your video i extract them form the zip but before its compleat my IE "stops working" every time.
    i know this most likely isnt a problem with the download still some help as to how to fix this would be nice. thnx.

UI Problems

As you can see in both of the first 2 SS's, I have a few problems, one of which is the bars that are dead center. Which program puts them there, so I can move them out of the way? Also, how do I move the chat box? In the 3rd SS, it's showing a REALLY annoying box that pops up when I mouse over someone. It's huge and annoying, as well as it gets in the way. How do I get rid of it or make it more transparent?

Finally, I DLed from the link at the beginning, and I believe I installed it right, yet the Lore - Eredar profile never comes up. So, I'll ask that we be a little bit more specific as far as what we rename.

WTF > Account > ACCOUNTNAME > SavedVariables
    WTF > Account > ACCOUNTNAME > Server Name > Charactername > SavedVariables

For Account....what do we put there?
    Which ACCOUNTNAME are we inputting?
    I understand Server Name and Charactername, but what do we put for Saved Variables? Do we rename both of them the same?

Ty in advance for any help I receive. You've done a good job with this Lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Draygoon View Post
    As you can see in both of the first 2 SS's, I have a few problems, one of which is the bars that are dead center. Which program puts them there, so I can move them out of the way? Also, how do I move the chat box? In the 3rd SS, it's showing a REALLY annoying box that pops up when I mouse over someone. It's huge and annoying, as well as it gets in the way. How do I get rid of it or make it more transparent?

Finally, I DLed from the link at the beginning, and I believe I installed it right, yet the Lore - Eredar profile never comes up. So, I'll ask that we be a little bit more specific as far as what we rename.

WTF > Account > ACCOUNTNAME > SavedVariables
    WTF > Account > ACCOUNTNAME > Server Name > Charactername > SavedVariables

For Account....what do we put there?
    Which ACCOUNTNAME are we inputting?
    I understand Server Name and Charactername, but what do we put for Saved Variables? Do we rename both of them the same?

Ty in advance for any help I receive. You've done a good job with this Lore!
    ACCOUNTNAME is your WoW account name. So, for example, if your WoW account you're using this for is WOWACCT1, you would rename the ACCOUNTNAME folder to WOWACCT1.

Don't rename Saved Variables. Just the ACCOUNTNAME, Server Name, and Charactername folders.

+ Reply to Thread