1) TClap- Glyph of TClap- Reduces initial damage by half, but adds a dot that last 6secs. (would do more damage, but less up front)
This one I actually like. IMO Warriors are the snap agro kings, and that's what we have shockwave for, with the new glyph of shockwave, maybe mod the glyph so reduces it to 10, but removes the stun.
2) Whirlwind- Add a 1-Point talent (maybe replace vigilince with it) that makes whirlwind usable in defensive stance. Plus on top of the weapon damage, whirlwind now also deals Damage if a shield is equiped equal to Shield block value.
I believe prot warrior DPS lies in rage issues, not abilites. We have the abilites, just need the rage to use em. with rage... you can push 2200 as a tank... without rage... well. ya know. To be fair, we're tanks, NOT dps, while i believe we're a bit under par, I use it as an excuse to MT things we have on farm so I don't get bored ^_^
3) S&B- I love the talent, but it makes me worry about another RNG. I would rather be worrying about my healers, my health bar, and any cooldowns i need to pop at any give moment. So how can we fix this...
Simply make Sword and Board Proc a free shield slam, instead of reseting the six seconds.
This I disagree with. Procing it, allows me to tab, free SS, and tab back, and spread some threat out. For single target, it's ideal, but with the current warrior tab spam for AoE threat, we need to be able to select our target. A fun idea is to maybe have crit effect chance for S+B to proc, putting more value into cruelty, and with the thought increasing prot DPS.
4) Devestate back to 80% Damage.
This I like. With Dev(sunder) going to % based instead of flat rate, it's going to be a bit more useful for nearly all situations, without hurting us as is. with TG now, fury warriors are NOT interested, so this only helps us. Maybe not 80%, or your going to see slow tank weps be ideal and pass HS in threat, but a buff might be in order.
5) Spell Reflect- Ok, its just useless too much of the time, so what I was thinking was like a mini shield wall for spell damage attacks.
Imp Spell Reflect- Currently what it does, but also reduces incoming magical damage for 3secs by 10%/20% for the next 3 secs.
Spell reflect currently is a 5 sec duration. I like the concept. Rage cost can be the same, maybe a glyph to mod it, however that might make the glyph manditory. I think the answer lies it talents, it's even already there... change it to damage reduction instead of miss chance for things like breaths. 'Imp. Spell Ref. - Also reduces magical damage taken by xx% while spell reflect is active.'
6) Vigiliance- Not worthy of 31st point talent make it trainable.
I like Vigi. If they nerf BoS, it's going to become much more valuable. I'm still not completely happy with this talent, concept is there, nice DR is there, but it still seems... so... gimp. No thoughts, but it could use a buffing, warriors have no buffs, give us 1!
7) Remove 10% Damage Reduction from Defensive Stance and Add some Percentage to Health. Not a lot... 3-5%
Why? Why not? Actually I personally dont ahve a problem with the penalty/bonus thing with our stances... But right now our DPS and EH is lacking compared to other tanks. And as stam goes up the difference in health will only increase.
We've seen the topic on this, I think our EH is fine... palies and warriors have lower due to block... I'm ok with this... as long as we stay clear of big breath doing dragons... uh oh. I don't think we need a EH buff, I think we need magi damage mitigation buff. The penalty from def stance is countered by 1h wep spec, and enrage... we're actually up 10%... however when we're not tanking.. again lies the age old warrior problem.
I think this would fix many problems such as:
1) The need to go Deep Wounds to even get close in damage to the other tanks. Without the need to get DW, we can have more flexability in our prot talent choices
2) Getting us closer to the Sustained AoE threat of Pallys and DKs
3) Makes it more fun, and dont think it really makes us broken. Most changes increast DPS/TPS, and only mitigation improvement is with SR, so I dont think its unballancing.
I like the fact that DW is attainable, gives us a good DPS boost, as an OT especially. I do think our prot tree is BEEFY as a Mofo.. but we'll see what happens. I like our snap threat, I'm not such a big fan of faceroll consecrate. I charge in, round em up, pop shield block, and our DK/Pali buddies pull em off us by the time shield block is wore off. I hit TC/SW again, and they come back, nice little tag manuever. Warriors are the activity kings, anyone who watches recount will notice yer prot warriors at the top, due to mainly que'ing 2 abilities every 1.5 seconds.
I think our DK/Druid buddies need more work that warriors due, but we all have our class gripes. I would kill for some DPS while OTing.. thats for sure.
November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless