+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mark of Norgannon

Mark of Norgannon

Hey there, i'm currently sitting at 23 UB expertise despite having +expertise +stam gems in most of my slots, I don't feel its enough and notice a large amount of ridiculous parry chains whilst tanking bosses, I've seen Mark of Norgannon drop once and although the gob of expertise on it looks awesome, i'm skeptical about the haste on use effect. anyone have any insight on to whether this trinket is worth it or not? by contrast though my essence of gossamers on use is useless and i'd be dropping that. perhaps the haste would come in handy for heroism'd heroic strike supah spam?

regards,

kaladrin

edit - if personal stats matter/change status on potentially using it;

unbuffed stats:

HP: 30.9k
    Armor: 24303
    Dodge: 24% (very slightly under)
    Parry: 19.5%
    Block: 20.5%
    Hit: 241
    Expertise: 23

best threat trinket in the game hands down, even if it had no use or no proc no nothing just the expertise it would still be the best threat trinket in the game

yeah it is sexy, it is really the only thing i want right now

same, i'd die for it, but so many dps'ers would get it before me I've given up hope.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

well it's settled then, i'm actively hunting that trinket ^^ what's your thoughts on using old school shard of contempt in the meantime? 44 expertise is still chunky as owt and 230 AP around every 45 secs (i assume thats the ICD), unless im overseeing something seems pretty decent. I just feel pushing 40k hp raid buffed is overkill, especially since I am never mt'ing sarth 3d.

the old shard is still pretty sexy, i never got one though =( this game hates my tps/dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    best threat trinket in the game hands down, even if it had no use or no proc no nothing just the expertise it would still be the best threat trinket in the game

QFT. Even if you can't get the trink try your best to get your expertise to at least 26 to knock dodge off the table.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

FINALLLYYYYYY

just dropped for me i daddy bid on it and won!

only our second one ever since week 1 of expansion

WOOOOOOO go dark!

Grim toll and mark of norgannon is what I use when MT:ing. Imo best tps trinkets ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Grim toll and mark of norgannon is what I use when MT:ing. Imo best tps trinkets ingame.

this

and even more so after the sunder change

i wonder if I'll ever see a grim toll drop, let alone let the tank have it.

To the OP: Our MT has the trinket and he says the Haste on use is like a mini bloodlust: Keep in mind that that makes your white swings alot faster, so faster Heroic Strikes as well!

I want this trinket so bad. Yes Shard of Contempt is currently awesome tanking trinket, I use it and am looking to replace it with the mark.

overwhelming response to this! cheers for all the info, I had thought it would be used like a mini heroism for heroic striking so I guess it's actually a pretty good on use effect, also switched from essence to shard of contempt again and loving it.

heres to hoping our melee dps doesen't want it :P

I got this off of Maly on Monday night in our guilds first 25 man kill and this trinket and the Tank Legs dropped - I lost the legs by 4 dkp (AHHHHH) but got this.

I love it - I macro'd the trinket to my heroic strike key so this thing is up all the time when off cool down.
    "It takes less time to properly mark, CC and pull then it does to run back from the graveyard".

I have it, I use it, and I recommend picking one up if you can get a hold of it for the same reason that most of us BC tanks used the shard back. The haste is useful for increasing HS spam, and can be very effective for TPS.

iam loving it, espacially if youre popping the "use effect" while heroism goes up =) tps burst of its finest

Norgannon is great! Combine it with heroism/speed pot and it's total win.

okay, without wanting to create another thread since it's a small subquestion, last night I picked up the steely naaru sliver, 54 expertise and 2k on use, I think this is better than the shard, at least for defensive encounters where you could use the on use well - and it stacks with thaddius's trinket, having 5k on use HP is pretty nice!

what do you think? unless there's some reason that I can't see, i'll be using it over the shard of contempt.

+ Reply to Thread