+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar

Anyone even want to guess when you would expect being able to set foot into Ulduar on a live realm? April? May?

Oh gods, it sounds like the entire first part of the raid is going to be vehicle based
    When is Blizz going to get it out of their system? I just hope I'm not eventually bearing down on Arthas with a steam tank...

I am liking all the vehicle combat. It really adds diversity as long as it is not overdone and it really shows off those people who can adapt quickly vs. those who are just stuck in their class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadevarr View Post
    I am liking all the vehicle combat. It really adds diversity as long as it is not overdone and it really shows off those people who can adapt quickly vs. those who are just stuck in their class/spec.
    Adaptation is not what this game is about. It's about having gear and knowing fights.

The problem I have with vehicles is that I have a very specific way that I set my binds up, and it doesn't really work with vehicles that take over just one action bar and put their abilities all over the fucking place.

Hard Mode: Not really more involved, but more of a gear check! More wiping! More guild drama! Stay tuned!

Another tidbit I think might be worth mentioning, Bornakk confirmed today that the Glory of the Raider and Heroic Glory of the Raider achievements will not be changed to include Ulduar (or at least, it's very unlikely). Instead, they're going to focus on "new/separate" achievements.

This includes the 310% speed mounts.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Glory of the Raider
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Holy hell busy news day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelo
    [blizzard]Actually, the effectiveness of the vehicles in the Flame Leviathan fight changes depending on the quality of the gear. So someone in full Naxxramas epics (or Ulduar epics!) will have an easier time than someone in greens.[/blizzard]
    World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Concerning Ulduar and the future of raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    /wrist

I hate Vehicles... and i hate vehicle fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    /wrist
    /neck
    /elbow
    /waist

[blizzard]Actually, the effectiveness of the vehicles in the Flame Leviathan fight changes depending on the quality of the gear. So someone in full Naxxramas epics (or Ulduar epics!) will have an easier time than someone in greens.[/blizzard]

Whoa... interested in seeing how they pull this one off.

ugh more vehicles. I hope this isn't the future of WOW raiding, phase 3 Malygos definitely hasn't gone over well with anyone I know personally :P
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

I'm really looking forward to this. I just hope that "great longevity and a high replay value" isn't blizz-speak for "tedious rep grind".

At least it will likely be 2 axis - the 3rd axis of malygos is what makes it such a pain (imo)

He said in another post that there's very little use of vehicles outside of the first encounter:

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Ulduar info is up

well that is good news

I cant wait for this to come out. BRING IT ON!!

I'm quite interested in what the 14 bosses are. So far all the bosses mentioned, Freya, Thorim, Hodir, and Mimiron, all have to do with, or actually are, titans. Besides the mentioned Iron Council and the mystery last boss, are all the encounters just going to be Titans forcing us to just fight a list of lore characters?

On the topic of vehicles, Blizzard is trying to find ways to make fights more epic, and they use in-game mechanics to do so. As the game has evolved, we have stepped more and more away from "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

In Vanilla, we had Onyxia and Ragnaros. Simple, basically immobile bosses that had adds and a second phase that changed the boss's location.

In TBC we added more clickables and NPC participation. These fights mainly relied on tossing a few powers to the players ranging from Magtheridon's cubes to Kil'Jadean's blue dragon's.

Now in WotLK we have the addition of continent filled with major lore characters and the new vehicle mechanic. Given this vehicle mechanic can be used instead of the mind control mechanic, Blizzard feels that giving us control of more powerful beings is a way to make the fight more epic.

The fact is, as stated below, this escalation is just going to end up with us facing down Arthas while embodying angels or some nonsense. Blizzard just needs to stop this escalation and realize that while these bits are fun at first, they become tiresome an clunky requiring everyone to step away from their comfort zone.

We need more mechanics similar to Malygos phase two, the disks allow players to gain a power but still be able to fight and use their abilities. Maybe being able to climb up on a titans shoulder and dps his neck would be a good example. Or making a boss completely untankable due to his size and strength unless the tank is drawing power from some outside source making himself into a titan sized player.

Exactly, it's fine and dandy to change mechanics to make fights more intersting. But change OUR mechanics instead of throwing us a complete new set of abilities to master on the spot. I want to still be playing my warrior when I face Arthas, and if you need a mechanic in order to legitimize the face off, then let that mechanic affect/change my warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post

Whoa... interested in seeing how they pull this one off.
    I would assume similar to how Hunter and Warlock pets get buffed based on the player.

For other potential bosses I wouldn't be surprised to see Loken come back. And Yogg-Saron has to be making an appearance somewhere right?

Also, Jedoga and those Twilight worshipers in OK wouldn't they be related to the Ulduar forces (not that I expect Jedoga or Herald to come back).

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I would assume similar to how Hunter and Warlock pets get buffed based on the player.

For other potential bosses I wouldn't be surprised to see Loken come back. And Yogg-Saron has to be making an appearance somewhere right?

Also, Jedoga and those Twilight worshipers in OK wouldn't they be related to the Ulduar forces (not that I expect Jedoga or Herald to come back).
    I'm thinking Yogg-Saron might be a possibility, but the issue is he isn't located in storm peaks. At most we'd end up fighting his tentacle or something similar as we can see beneath Icecrown is where the forgotten ones are most concentrated. I could see Yogg-Saron being in the Icecrown raid, simply as a third faction that the players discover while storming the Lich King.

It's just, we've seen the "Here's a themed instance, fight your way through 10+ themed bosses. Oh wait the Old Gods were behind it all, get 'em!" when we went into AQ. I don't want a magnificent Titan built instance to end up with us fighting some Lovecraft Cthulu abomination again.

I'd rather see a real titan behind it all, not just a temple protector or avatar. An absolutely huge boss that we have to fight similar to Shadow of the Collosus, Zelda, or God of War. Maybe so big that you can defeat parts of him to activate new effects.

Like having your DPS focus fire on his left leg would knock him down allowing access to his neck, something really epic.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 02-17-2009 at 04:54 PM.

heh, that sounds cool Kalken. *Titan-X topples over from knee damage!*

*Kazeyonoma jumps on his back*

Press Triangle!
    Press Square!
    Press Square!

Critical Stab in the neck!!!!

haha, I loved that part of God of War. Pretty epic battles at times.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread