+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Tank Help Please ?

DK Tank Help Please ?

Hey there .
    For the last month or so i have been wondering weather or not to start naxx runs both 10+25 man ones , i have raided for 4 years as a holy priest and have swapped over to a dk tank,. I know the naxx tacts and everything but am a little unsure about my gear . Its def capped and i am currently trying a new spec, however i notice i do seem to be taking considderable amounts of dmg from time to time , is this because my dodge / parry is low {im not sire what sort od dodge/parry i should be looking for pre-naxx} , do any other dk's or any other raid leaders notice this with there dk tanks ? do you think i can tank naxx in my current gear both 10+25 man ? please guys let me know , i have provided an armoury link and any advice and help with gear is welcome. Oh and for some reason armoury isnt showing my HP/armour in frost presence correctly its actually 30269hp and armour is 28k
    Thanks for your help
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Even with worse gear than yours you can tank naxx without any problems.

Around 25-27k HP, and being a dk around 50% avoid (infight.. with the +10% Parry buff active) and crit immunity of course is enough for the 10 Player version.

25Players is possible, but you'll be hard to heal and your healers wont like you right now. But a few runs Naxx Normal will help you out, and you will be able to tank whatever you want in the current content. easily :-)

Your gear is more than good enough for naxx 10 and good enough to OT naxx 25.

If I were you, id get a TD and go unholy and drop DW tanking. Your threat will be crap DW in your gear. Also, you should be gemming for mostly def right now and not stam so that you can upgrade your gear and not worry about crit immune.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

You have 2 points in Acclimation that should probably be in Frigid Deathplate. You're also missing a number of enchants, shoulders, bracers, and gloves. And from a avoidance point of view you should get swordbreaking on your weapons, its another 4% parry.

If you do all this you'll pick up another 7% avoidance overall.

Moved to Armory.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Your taking alot of damage because you are Duel Wielding, your upping you chance to be parried with 2 weapons therefore making a boss hit you faster everytime they parry you. Other than that, focus more on dodge than pure stam, the point is not to get hit, since you have no shield your not gaining runic power like a warr or pally gain rage/mana.

You are generalizing the parry-haste mechanic which has been proven to not be much of a concern in current content.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodomen View Post
    Your taking alot of damage because you are Duel Wielding, your upping you chance to be parried with 2 weapons therefore making a boss hit you faster everytime they parry you. Other than that, focus more on dodge than pure stam, the point is not to get hit, since you have no shield your not gaining runic power like a warr or pally gain rage/mana.

either way, a parry in effect is a missed attack and a thrown off rotation.

Since DK tanks cant use a sheild they work similar to a druid in needing more hp from time to time. But i have done naxx as a DK tank and my parry rating and dodge rating are pretty nice. Even with the faster attacking on patchwork when i parry i still outlive our main tank warr and have tanked him by myself for some of the fight. (Hateful strikes are crazy sometimes lol)

+ Reply to Thread