+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear issues

Gear issues

Ok, hello everyone.
    im having some issues here with my gear.. i have been tanking for a long time now, and after raiding for a while.. im starting to notice that most of the instance gear seems kinda better than the raid gear.
    For example... this is my gear atm.
    (armory)
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    As you can see, my Def is sitting low... and my health seems a little too high for my gear lvl (gemmed for stam to learn new content easier.. at least thats what i think its better). Also you can notice that my Expertise can be too low too, so.. im starting to wonder... what could be wrong.
    Should i gem for Expertise instead of Stam?
    The big problem come with the new gear... a couple of weeks ago i got the
    [Slayer of the Lifeless] and tonight i just got [Hero's Surrender] (new on the forum.. dont know how to link items.. if any admin could pls do me the favor).

Both of those items lack of Def Rating.. and im dropping way to low on it (531 to be exact when i equip both) also lose some Stam(4 stam)... so... if i enchant the shield for Def, i will still be under the uncrit status.
    If i Re-Gem for Def .. i will lose too much stam and that would make it dont worth the change of the gear...
    those where the cons.. on the "pros" we have +1.2% dodge and + 0.44% parry - 0.58% hit
    Also, you can notice that most of my gear is Enchanted for Def Rating because i was missing some points (alot) to be uncrit.
    so... i would like to hear your opinions pls, anything would be really helpfull.

Thanks.

(if anyone can pls tellme how to change those links pls do... i will edit the post)
    Last edited by Redk; 02-19-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added some Stuff

Depending on how many emblems of valor you have, making the change and swapping out one of your rings for the emblem ring might solve your problem. You also seem to have more than enough stam ATM, to the point that you can probably get away with dropping the essence trinket and use the one from H HOL to get you back over 540, and go back to the essence once you have the def covered elsewhere. But I would def. be looking at the ring with your 1st 25 emblems.

Well.. about the emblems.. im right now sitting at 20.. 5 more to go lol

i have decided what to do with the new gear... i dont know if its the best but atleast will give me a little advantage.
    After changing my trinkets(for Def and Block Value / Block Rating) im down like 2k HP but with alot of more Block % and Block Value, so... i was thinking on using the [Slayer of the Lifeless] and the [Hero's Surrender] for a Threat Set (Trash and easy Bosses).
    Enchanting / Enhancing the Shield for Block Value should be good.. but still i dont know what to do with the Sword, Right now... i have my [Red sword of Courage] enchanted with mongoose, i still like that enchant (might not be the best). After looking at the gear Rankings i havent found the best enchant for a tank atm, so.... any ideas? for Threat i think the best i can use its 20 Str.. since it will give me atkp + BV Or... the allmighty Weapon chain.

Thanks.

Probably belongs in the armory forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

probably, thanks for the correction :P

+ Reply to Thread