+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking health.

Tanking health.

I have a newly level 80 prot warrior, i have 544 defense and 21831 HP. according to everything I have seen I should be ready to tank easy stuff at least but I find myself being contently booted from raid and heroic groups. Can anyone tell me if I am good enough to tank or is everyone right about my having too low health.

Warriors are not pure EH tanks...we do this thing...its called mitigation, so dont worry about it. its just people being misinformed. check out pre naxx gear guides, they arent puttin you at 27k hp unbuffed so just keep pluggin away.

I was tanking with 18k.

Quote Originally Posted by bakatanuki View Post
    I have a newly level 80 prot warrior, i have 544 defense and 21831 HP. according to everything I have seen I should be ready to tank easy stuff at least but I find myself being contently booted from raid and heroic groups. Can anyone tell me if I am good enough to tank or is everyone right about my having too low health.
    Your health is fine to do heroics and 10 man naxx for that matter. The problem you're facing is elitism from other players. If you don't meet their often arbitrary standards you aren't "geared" so you automatically aren't good enough to join their group. I main tanked 10 man Kel'thuzad with 22k HP unbuffed the week I hit 80 on my warrior. I'll admit I had great healers but I still lived. Unfortunately there isn't much advice I can give on how to deal with PUGs with unrealistic expectations other than to try to avoid them, although I know that isn't easy.
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

if u just started at almost 22k health ur doing fine for a newbe id be concerned if you had 15k. However i wouldnt quite recommend that you bring yourself into a 10 man nax quite yet. What i would do if i were you is tank out nexus and uk til you brought ur health up to about 24k. Either that or do what the first man said by buying out the TITANSTEEL items, such as the hat, the boots. Get the chest from wyrmrest revered its very nice starter, savage colbalt bracers, and work your way up in gear til about 24k health unbuffed. Mean time just get a good friend whos a blacksmith and look for anything for a upgrade

+ Reply to Thread