+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost DK Tank(gems,threat,gear)

Frost DK Tank(gems,threat,gear)

The World of Warcraft Armory

Hey that is my link, im in 25man naxx right now and i am having trouble keeping threat in some cases. Also i am saving up for my marks and im unsure of what to get, and idk if my gear is gemmed correctly i have 53 avoidance sitting,55 HoW and 67 in combat.

thanks,

rellik

I had the same problem a few weeks back with similar gear and spec. To get more threat, you need more DPS. Try this spec:

Rotataion: IT, BS, BS, OB, OB. FS or RS for RP dump.

hmm alright i just put a +8 exper/+12stam in my gloves.

What type of glyphs are you using atm?? i have roughly the same build as you with just a tad better gear and usualy pulling about 5k tps or more. Have no threat issues at all... Switched from blood tank couse i had threat issues, now its a struggle not to overaggro the MT or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkk View Post
    I had the same problem a few weeks back with similar gear and spec. To get more threat, you need more DPS. Try this spec:

Rotataion: IT, BS, BS, OB, OB. FS or RS for RP dump.
    I I would replace OB with HB whenever cooldowns allow it. Also I would open IT, HB, PS, BS, BS. I know that this means that you don't have bladed armor right of the start but its really nothing the healers can't handle for a few seconds. After how many times is the average boss gonna hit you in 3 seconds.

true true. although i like to use HB just because in a raid i have a lot of AP which increased your hb by .15% i beleve i may be wrong. but for my weapon i just got the 2h axe of 10man kel.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhus View Post
    What type of glyphs are you using atm?? i have roughly the same build as you with just a tad better gear and usualy pulling about 5k tps or more. Have no threat issues at all... Switched from blood tank couse i had threat issues, now its a struggle not to overaggro the MT or such.
    im currently using:

Major
    DnD
    Unbreakable Armor
    IBF

Minor
    Pestilence
    HoW

Quote Originally Posted by Runes View Post
    I I would replace OB with HB whenever cooldowns allow it. Also I would open IT, HB, PS, BS, BS. I know that this means that you don't have bladed armor right of the start but its really nothing the healers can't handle for a few seconds. After how many times is the average boss gonna hit you in 3 seconds.

Bladed Armor is a passive talent that increases your attack power by how much armor you have.

I believe you meant Blade Barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by italnstallion01 View Post
    hmm alright i just put a +8 exper/+12stam in my gloves.
    Uhm, if your problem is threat, why aren't you enchanting for threat? Armsman is THE tanking enchant for a DK.

Finally, you are jumping from doing heroics, to tanking heroic naxx. One could safely assume you're tanking heroic naxx with heroic naxx geared DPS? If that is the case, you jumped too high. Also, you can easily remove you're 2/2 Chill of the Grave, and put them in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization. As a tank, you generally have more then enough RP without the RP adding talents.
    Last edited by Addohm; 02-16-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runes View Post
    I use DND, IT, Pest, HB for AOE pulls. I will use IT, HB for quick ranged threat on adds, etc. When AOEs warrant HB has priority.

But I get better single target TBS, DPS, and RP from OB. No 5s cooldown...

+ Reply to Thread