+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with some threat issue

Need help with some threat issue

I am a tanking death knight and i have been noticing some issues with threat hope someone here could help me out mabey its my spec mabey its my rotation, armory me im 10,50,11. i only really notice threat issues for bosses, i just recently starting main tanking 25 naxx. i would like some help on mabey a new spec or a good rotation that i could try. thanks for the help in advance

Zarala
    80, Death Knight
    Spirestone

Im having kinda the same experience myself after i changed spec to Frost, 10/51/10, probably not remarkably different than yours.

I haven't found a way to up my threat yet, so if you find out what's missing, please share ).

Btw. i've looked at the TPS values i can draw from omen3, and in my old unholy spec i could sustain about 3.2TPS over a bossfight. With my current frost spec i usally land at no more than 2.5TPS sustained, so i must be doing something really wrong.

Frost rotation i use is : IT-Pest-HB-BB-bloodtap-BB, then use HB when i can and FS as RP dump.

hey guys, your threat probs may be spec related, my current spec allows me huge amounts of threat, at no expense to survivability, check my spec on wowarmory, threat seems to be the problem with most DK tanks at some stage, however aslong as you have a half decent DH and bladed armour you should be pulling decent threat. hope this helps, any other questions just ask, or see me on jubei'thos.

alright... what is your wow name and server? :P

ahah i have fixed my threat issue.. i respec'd and regemmed alittle bit got my hit up to about 7% and i've noticed i can hold 6.5k threat constant thoughout boss fights

Zarala and Zentropy would you guys mind linking or specifying your spec and rotation? Im very much interested in how you manage to fix the threat issues. I still havent found an acceptable solution.

I've partially fixed my threat issue, by going from 3.5k TPS to 4.5k TPS which is acceptable right now. I did this by changing 14/50/7, changing rune enchant to SSG allowing regemming for hit and exp, so i now have around 260hit and 19exp.

Im gonna try gem a bit more Str to see how that affects my TPS and feedback later on, when i have more data.

sorry such a long delay. i have been looking around and i currently am 50/14/7 (dual-wield blood) its actually a really good threat spec i am using broken promise MH and hailstorm OH im doing about 7.5k tps.
    rotation is IT, PS, OB, HSx2, DCx2, OBx2, then IT, PS, HS and do RS and OB when they are up to keep up death runes.
    also whats very important im almost spell hit capped and expertise capped so that always helps

+ Reply to Thread