+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Greatness Card for warrior tanks?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Greatness Card for warrior tanks?

    My Girlfriend is a scripter, and has most of the cards already for the greatness deck.

    I know it would add a lot to my block value, which in turn would help threat. Id be replacing the gossimer or the emblem dodge trinket (depending on what I was needing).

    As it stands, my strength would take the proc. But Im assuming, I would take the agility one for dodge, and just have the proc for added threat.

    Or would it be better to take the str one for block and threat, so i get the most out of it?

    Currently im at 23% dodge (not sure how much 90 agil will give me).

    Any advise, anyone?

  2. #2
    Why would you get the agi card?
    The strength card would make an excellent threat trinket since the static strength would benefit the damage and hence threat on all your abilities. I'm working on one myself.
    Personally I drop the points from Anticipation rather than Shield Specialisation in the 15/5/51 spec - block is very under-rated and avoidance is not required for any current content.
    I read a comment (in a discussion about shields) to the effect that "a small amount of avoidance is more valuable than a decent amount of block anyday" and I couldn't disagree more. Block still procs revenge, it also gives you rage (as you're still getting hit) and triggers damage shield. Parry and Dodge starve you of rage. There's no current fight like pre-nerf Brutallus where huge amounts of avoidance are needed.
    If it were me I'd ditch that dodge trinket from emblems.
    There are no men like me, there is only me.

  3. #3
    I don't use "tanking" trinkets for anything other than sarth 3d drake tanking. Once you have some reasonable gear, using more dps/threat oriented trinkets is fine. Mind you, this is for farm content - you're going to want to stack EH/Avoidance again when Ulduar is released.

  4. #4
    I use Greatness and Monarch Crab about 90% of the time now. The other 10% is for 3D when I wear Goss and Monarch for the rxtra hp.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,379
    Uhh, agility doesn't give you dodge rating, it gives you crit. The strength bonus from the Greatness card is nice, as is the proc however it is not completely necessary for tanks, however it is necessary for DPS classes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Uhh, agility doesn't give you dodge rating, it gives you crit. The strength bonus from the Greatness card is nice, as is the proc however it is not completely necessary for tanks, however it is necessary for DPS classes.
    No one said dodge rating, he said dodge
    Combat Ratings at level 80 - Elitist Jerks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,379
    Unless you are a DK tank, you don't need the trinket, DK tanks can't use block because they don't have shields but you do get block out of strength, however most people stack it on their armor alone and let the equip bonuses give them the dodge, block and defense ratings. If there really isn't a better trinket you can get at the moment as a tank, get the strength version, if you really do get dodge from agility then I would rarely get hit by enemies because I have high agility as DPS

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,420
    druids, paladins and warriors definitely gain dodge from agility. not sure about dks.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24
    Its nearly perfect for Protwarriors. The intern CD (45 sec) comes close to shieldblock (40 sc) & Shockwave (2x20). For Max-dps on Bosses (2,3k+) for me its the best choice.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts