+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF Gem and Helm advice.

LF Gem and Helm advice.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Currently I am debating on if I should go ahead and craft the Tempered Titansteel Helm. I'm also looking for any gem advice people are willing to offer based on my current gemming (I already know some of my enchants are a bit off, and I can't seem to get a weapon to drop for me -.-).

Arcane Shielded Helm is actually very good. I used it until i got the t7. The titansteel wouldn't be a spectacular upgrade, so unless you're rolling in dough, it's probably not worth the cost to you. Your enchants and gems don't look too bad. You can probably afford to drop the defense gems in favor of something else. Also, parry suffers so much from high cost and steep DR, I wouldn't bother gemming for it. If you wish to increase your avoidance, Dodge or defense is better.

Your +12 defense to bracers is only really useful if you need it. You're above hit cap, so either expertise or +40 stamina would be more beneficial. THat's not to say enchanting for defense above 540 is BAD. Defense is the second best avoidance stat, and gives you block chance, too. BUt on bracers, you can get an enchant worth more overall budget points, and better to your overall gear set.

I would remove the defense and parry gems and instead, use expertise or hit rating. It's not vital that you increase your hit rating but until you hit 8%, you'll have room for improvement. You also don't need that +16 agi to your cape, switch it for +16 def rating (titanweave). If you're worried about crits and threat then you really need to farm UP for the sword.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I realize I need to change my cloak enchant still. I did 16 agi because I had the mats for it and was expecting to get in on more 25 mans so I didn't buy the 16 defense one right away, and same for the UP sword, been running that place every chance I get, have a feeling this is gonna be like the sword in Karazhan. I had full t4 for main and off-spec before I saw it, only to replace it the following week with the mace from Lurker lol.

The parry gem was done before they added that nice dodge and defense one, which I'll swap out asap thanks for catching that one, I would have missed it. I'll go for some more hit and expertise, I did do some major gem swapping to get to where I am now, but I have a huge stockpile of gems, so I can do more.

Thanks again .

+ Reply to Thread