+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssul UI

Abyssul UI

Updated for 3.1 so only download if your previous setup refuses to work or a new user

Thanks to all who helped me accomplish a 1,000 mark download

I'm looking for some screenshots of the different variations of my UI. Could anyone upload some? Preferably non-warrior.

Version: 3.3

Specifications
    : 4:3 screen ratio, UI fit for 1280x1024 screen size

Description: Graphical UI that is based off Ryas UI. Uses eePanels to creates custom windows that can be changed of color easily. Parenting in eePanels allows the windows to disappear whenever the addon within the panel is off. Bagnon controls the bags which is faded out and appears when hovered over. The macro menu is also faded out.

My UI could be considered a hybrid with it's similarity to the default Blizzard UI yet it contains some exotic addons that enhance the look and functionability.

Gallery:

Casual:

Raid:

Addons:

Installation Instructions:
    1. Go into your Warcraft Directory.
    2. Back up your Interface, and WTF folders.
    3. Extract the Interface and WTF folders into your main WoW directory.
    4. Go into the newly extracted WTF folder and rename the appropriate folders for your account and characters.
    5. It might be necessary to change the profiles of certain addons for it to function or appear right.

Changes 3.3 to 3.3.1
    Code:
    -Updated addons
    -Removed unnecessary libraries

Changes to 3.2.1 to 3.3
    Code:
    -Updated for 3.1 so only download if your previous setup refuses to work or a new user
    -Modified to 1280 by 1024 resolution now since I run Windows 7
    -Added some various addons or settings, lost track so if you have any questions I could pinpoint any issues.

Support:
    I will be updating the UI as I still plan to improve on it more and fix any issues that I get. If you get certain errors I will help you solve them, but only to an extent that I am knowledgeable of. If you have any questions then I will answer them the best I can. I'm new to uploading UI packages so I'm not entirely sure on some of this.

Download Link:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=12569

See it in action.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJo16JD99k"]YouTube - Quick Glance[/ame]
    Last edited by Abyssul; 05-19-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

Ohhh i like what i'm seeing, the minimalist has always appealed to me, be sure to post a download link

Abyssul, thank you for sharing.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 02-22-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Stearns, this person decided to share their UI with the rest of us. If you don't like, don't use it. You could have taken one look at the UI and laughed and been on with your day. Instead you had to make a bashing reply.

Some recommendations:
    - Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

Just my 2 slivers worth

Abyssul, thank you for sharing.
    Thanks dude. Nice to know someone agrees with me.

Great looking UI, altho I wont use it, prefer my owns, I like some ideas that I got from it and will include in some new version of my own.
    Agree with Sterns only on part that you really don't need party frames in raid setup. You need Omen clearly visible especially on Malygos to intervene on Vortex your highest threat person or to shuffle vigilance between highest people on aggro in raid.

I cannot stand without having my unit frame/target/tot/focus in middle of screen, and hate blank spot that grid leaves outside of raids, but I'm gonna use some of your ideas for sure. Gj m8, pretty solid tanking ui for everyone who want to get most info about what's happening around him.
    Last edited by Mookey; 02-19-2009 at 04:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mookey View Post
    Great looking UI, altho I wont use it, prefer my owns, I like some ideas that I got from it and will include in some new version of my own.
    Agree with Sterns only on part that you really don't need party frames in raid setup. You need Omen clearly visible especially on Malygos to intervene on Vortex your highest threat person or to shuffle vigilance between highest people on aggro in raid.

I cannot stand without having my unit frame/target/tot/focus in middle of screen, and hate blank spot that grid leaves outside of raids, but I'm gonna use some of your ideas for sure. Gj m8, pretty solid tanking ui for everyone who want to get most info about what's happening around him.
    I got rid of the party frame idea permanently. I'm working on transfering my unit frames to the middle of the screen also.

About grid though, I see what you mean with the gapping hole. I used to have it in the left side of the screen (where Omen is now). I'm still argueing with myself over my Ui still lol. Technically the "hole" shouldn't be there because when you're out of raid; Omen and Recount should be closed so it mends that gap. If you're in a party, you would rely on Grid to supply the party frames. I still have some ideas about what to do to fix that.

Updated to 3.1

Change log 3.0-3.1
    Code:
    (Changed version number because this is my 3rd UI)
    -Centralized Health Unit Frames
    -Changed behavior of portraits to center
    -Smaller action buttons
    -Changed position of target cast bar above player for easier detection
    -Position of DBM and raid warning alerts to fit with the new Health Unit Frames
    -Smaller Stance buttons
    -Skinned buffs/debuffs
    -Bison added to Addons
    -Removed various unneeded addons (Cartographer, etc)

I edited out the 1.0 in the thread title since you've updated your versions

Thanks so much, I was about to msg a moderator about that. I thought I could edit that in the future. Guess I was wrong.

lets keep this friendly alright guys?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    lets keep this friendly alright guys?

NOO. How did you find out? Damn you, and your telekinetic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    NOO. How did you find out? Damn you, and your telekinetic abilities.
    Kazey knows all.

Changes 3.1 to 3.1.3:
    Code:
    -Border around Health Unit Frame
     -Target's Target frame moved
     -Portraits removed
     -Added OmniCC, ProcBorder addons
     -Cleaned-up Saved Variables folder
     -Fixed issue with amount of bars in SharedMedia

Yummy updates.

Abyssul, I went to download your UI from wowinterface but it said it was still the 3.1.3 but you have changes posted for 3.2 and there are no profiles for you for grid, prat and the metahud was not installed with the compulation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mundan View Post
    Abyssul, I went to download your UI from wowinterface but it said it was still the 3.1.3 but you have changes posted for 3.2 and there are no profiles for you for grid, prat and the metahud was not installed with the compulation as well.
    I understand your problem. I went to update my UI last night and it kept giving me this Edit ID error. I will have to update it again, I will post a fix ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

Code:
    Changes to 3.2 to 3.2.1
    -Fixed profiles with Grid and others (hopefully); MSG me if they don't
    I also fixed the problem with WoWInterface not uploading my file. Fixed now.

Comment for me guys, I feed on your feedback

Cowtip not giving any problems in raids?

Define problem. Like what kind of issue are you having?

I've read about a "Message: memory allocation error: block too big" and experienced it myself within raids, but much quicker than anyone else who has posted about it at Curse.com or wowace.com. Some post that it takes 2-3 hours, while I generally get mine in the first 30mins of Naxx, 10 or 25.

People attribute it to a clash with EBB and Pitbull, but I see in your interface folder that you use these, like I do.

Ckknight nor anyone else at Wowace acknowledge this issue, that I can find. The only "fix" other players have reported is to not use EBB and/or Pitbull with CowTip. Was just curious if you've ever seen this.

None that I have detected atm. The only errors I get is from one of my Grid modules being outdated, but still works.

+ Reply to Thread