+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Soooo Why Not 30 minute Shouts for us?

Death Knight , Horn of Winter is the same way w/ a glyph to 3 minutes.. Still a royal pita having to waste a GCD mid fight to keep it up since it provides dodge/parry. Would be nice to be 30 mins..

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    having to use a reagent as a warrior would be... wierd.
    nonsense, how about a throat lozenge?

I like the idea of changing shouts to aura-like effect. It totally makes sense, you need to be in range because you need to hear the warrior shouting from "ingame realism" point of view. That would also mean that people operating far away from warrior wouldnt get the benefit, while it is possible now for 2 minutes at least, so possibly some pvpers would dislike this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    you need to be in range because you need to hear the warrior shouting from "ingame realism" point of view.
    ah the realism view...

I always wondered... ya know in like every epic battle scene ever made, there's a famous inspiring speech (Aragorn before the black gate, Wallace in braveheart, etc.), but it's not like everyone in the army hears the speech, they just get infected with contagious excitement, and when the leader shouts, everyone else shouts too, therefore increasing the range of the shout and intimidating the enemy (in theory).

I think the answer to the shouts issue is adding a /roar emote that is like a chain-buff that spreads automatically through the raid based on proximity...

hrm not really but anyways
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

I acutally think thats pretty cool. a Chain-heal type shout. Chain-shout!
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.

Freeeeeeeeeedom! *dies*

I think the comparison between seals and shouts is a fine comparison.

To perform to their aboslute maximum capacity as a raider, this important buff needs to have 100% uptime. Prior to 3.0.9, both the paladin and warrior had to sacrifice 1 GCD every 2 minutes for this to be true. Now, post patch, only the warrior has to sacrifice a GCD.

1.5 seconds every 2 minutes, not a a huge deal - but I feel there is some disparity. Not to menion blessing of might is in everyway superior to battleshout.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashed View Post
    I think the comparison between seals and shouts is a fine comparison.

To perform to their aboslute maximum capacity as a raider, this important buff needs to have 100% uptime. Prior to 3.0.9, both the paladin and warrior had to sacrifice 1 GCD every 2 minutes for this to be true. Now, post patch, only the warrior has to sacrifice a GCD.

1.5 seconds every 2 minutes, not a a huge deal - but I feel there is some disparity. Not to menion blessing of might is in everyway superior to battleshout.
    It's not a matter of uptime, it's a matter of penalty if you fail to maintain that uptime. There is a very large difference between "performing to maximum capacity" and "performing at all".

If Battle Shout falls off, you can just throw it back up when you have a free GCD at a minimal loss of DPS. If a Seal falls off, even if you notice immediately, your entire rotation gets thrown off. There's also no one else that can apply my seal for me. Every Paladin in the raid has to refresh their seal. Only one Warrior -- if any -- needs to use Battle Shout.

This is why I say compare to Blessings and not Seals. If you want to make a case for lengthening the duration of Battle or Commanding Shout, point out that Blessing of Might lasts 30 minutes, and Blood Pact is a passive aura. You aren't going to do yourself any favors by trying to compare shouts to seals.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I'll agree that the loss of uptime on battleshout will not frequently have raid-wide implications. In progession fights, the additional 2+k HP on a tank definetly may have implications. Its not fair to say, well then, just get a warlock - how about some buff parity...

Its also not fair to say my buff should be more difficult to use and have a shorter duration because there might be someone else that can apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    If you want to make a case for lengthening the duration of Battle or Commanding Shout, point out that Blessing of Might lasts 30 minutes, and Blood Pact is a passive aura. You aren't going to do yourself any favors by trying to compare shouts to seals.
    I agree, I think this is the best argument for changing the way shouts work currently.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    WTB Battle Aura and Commanding Aura
    Tries really, really hard not to point out that this may be a nerf for PvP because of range issues ... too late. I like it!!
    Last edited by veneretio; 02-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Why not integrate shout effect with stances like an aura? when you're in def stance it gives commanding, when in berserker it gives battle and when in battle.............it gives............well some other buff.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    Why not integrate shout effect with stances like an aura? when you're in def stance it gives commanding, when in berserker it gives battle and when in battle.............it gives............well some other buff.
    That was mentioned before. The problem is, now you can't use Battle Shout while tanking anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

X has an ability so Y should have the same has never worked with blizzard. The comparisions are only for people who like to argue, because there are many reasons to extend the length of shouts without comparing them to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    We could see throat-drop reagents in the future... I'm calling it now.
    "The warrior must first digest a Steroid into his system, thus allowing him to shout so loud, that it instills fear in all those around him, increasing STAT for 30 minutes."

Lol.

MAN UP YOU SISSIES. WARRIORS HAVE IT HARD? SO BE IT. WE'LL RIDE IT OUT.

/swagger

You know you're on top of the game when your buff is timing down to 10, 9, 8 seconds and then when it hits 5-3 seconds you refresh Commanding. That's pure skill with a two-minute buff, and making sure I keep things up like they're supposed to be kept up is why I'm a good warrior. No need to complain, gentlemen.

Besides - you know some freak at Blizzard who plays a rogue would make write on a Post-It™ Note the fact that we'll have access to more combat-GCDs if we're refreshing Shouts so much less often - and that will in subsequent patches normalize our abilities down to compensate for our influx of GCD abilities. Look in your heart, my comrades, you know this to be true.

Warriors are - by golly! - working really well right now. Man up, stop whining, keep your buffs tidy and your raid behind you.

Heres a new 1, Completely get rid of commanding shout and maybe Battle shout all together, and give warriors a "shield shout", that will give all party members in the grp a some kind of protection and a dps increase for a short duration of time. Do that and cancel out BS and
    CS.

If that doesn't work, then maybe blizz can take out jst CS and make it a "Shield Shout" to protect all u'r party members from all harm for say, 5sec. and keep BS. This would be equivalent to the pallys Divine shield /Divine Interv. etc.....

The only reason we need CS is when u have a pally in the grp that buffs might and we can't use BS. Other than that CS is behind the times for its use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    That was mentioned before. The problem is, now you can't use Battle Shout while tanking anymore.
    Why not make tanking while in zerker stance an alternative then? Penalties and bonuses of the stance would still apply, so you would have a tank taking some more damage but outputting more dps.
    Now you can't do this because of so limited abilities in zerker that you do less dps then in defensive stance.

`I'm of the opinion that shouts are confined to a close range and short cooldown because they are intended to buff only the melee classes.

Entire raids would have to be retuned to account for the additional health that casters would have if Commanding Shout could be applied to all the ranged and healers and have it last thru an entire boss fight.

That being said an aura effect could eliminate the need to constantly refresh it and also make sure it is on those who really need it.

Yea making Battle Shout a buff for 30 minutes is unfair to paladins I guess who need to buff each class seperatly.

The Aura thing is a good idea, but taking them off the GCD would be perfect also. Arms DPS and Prot Warriors just dont wanna take the time to refresh shit while in the heat of a fight. Fury has a bit more empty room.

+ Reply to Thread