+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recklessness + Critical Block / SW / Conc

Recklessness + Critical Block / SW / Conc

I never saw any threads or posts about it so i decided to start one.

Has anybody ever experienced any strange facts about Recklessness while tanking?
    First of all i realized is that it doesnt work with SW or Conc. It bothers me somehow because since Conc produces no CD a TPS boost like Conc + SW crit , GCD, SS crit would be nice to see. But at current state Recklessness usually makes 1 SS crit and the 2 other charges are wasted for HS / rev. I'm wondering because the tooltip of Recklessness says : any damage dealing ability.

Second thing i mentioned was the behaviour of Critical Block while Recklessness is active. The "Critical Block" blocks may crit and i experienced huge crit amounts while the duration of Recklessness. I'm somehow dumb that i never saved the Combat Log or a WWS report but i had situation that the block crittet like 6~8 times in a row while Reck is active. The funniest situation i had was in a 2s, when i popped Reck but a dk and a rogue bursted me into defense stance and somehow every Critical Block critted. It was amazing how a rogue got 1k Crits every hit he did. ( Yes, i did PvP as def tank. Just for fun made a 2k rating and it was so awesome to 1 hit cloth with 22~k SS. )
    Im experiencing somehow the same thing while tanking bosses but it does not really crit always when reck is active but somehow more often. I'm just asking because i do not know if i was very lucky sometimes or it is a bit "bugged" ( 8~ crits in a row made me believe it has to be bugged ).
    Last edited by Disruptor; 02-13-2009 at 06:13 AM.

I forget who originally tested this, but Critical Block does not use up Recklessness charges. It was tested when 3.0 first came out. No idea on Shockwave or Conc blow though
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Not sure were he heard it from but Ciderhelm made a video how Damage Shield does not use up Recklessness charges.

Yeah, Cider made the post - but credit was given to another - the name escapes me.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

is reck really worth it though? Only time such AoE threat would be needed is when shit gets ugly...and if shit gets ugly...do you really wanna be taking 20% more dmg!?

I like to use recklessness and retaliation on fights a lot. As long as I'm not going to be hurt from the lack of the shared shield wall cooldown (ie farmed content) then I don't see why not. And about the damage shield thing, with as fast as bosses hit now, if it consumed charges, you would be out of charges by the time the GCD was up to use any other ability.

The thing about that though is if you ever actually need the extra AoE threat, it's normally because your tanking a massive amount of mobs, in this case 20% dmg increase can't be too healthy, and having Shield Wall handy would be far better.

Challenging Shout is on a 5 minute CD now making it far more accessable these days.

is it confirmed the Recklessness and Retaliation charges remain active in defensive stance? If so I'm macro-ing (switch to battle stance; retaliation, switch to defensive stance;charge) it tonight and will start charging trash packs!

Retaliaton with it's 20 counter attacks seems awesome...

Aeth

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelas View Post
    is it confirmed the Recklessness and Retaliation charges remain active in defensive stance? If so I'm macro-ing (switch to battle stance; retaliation, switch to defensive stance;charge) it tonight and will start charging trash packs!

Retaliaton with it's 20 counter attacks seems awesome...

Aeth
    Yes, they stay active when you switch stances.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ghostcrawler will hear you!!! Keep it down alright!?

:P
    Tanks: We like it rough.

He wont do anything do that because it is not neccessary. Look at Ferals SotF... you can't even compare that and since you need a shield equipped to make SW work, it is not OP in PvP. There will be no change.

+ Reply to Thread