+ Reply to Thread

Thread: threat issues with my off tank

threat issues with my off tank

Im currently running the raids in my guild and have received some complaints from my dps'ers that my warrior off tank is pulling less the par threat and there either having to throttle back a lot or having to constantly do abilities such as tricks of the trade or misdirect.

having looked at the past 2 weeks of WWS reports i never see him pulling more then 850dps. having used the TPS calculator ive seen on the forums somewhere hes only pulling 2000Tps. are there any suggestions on how to improve his TPS? i couldnt tell ya what his rotation is.
    this is a WWS report from a raid we did this week with him as offtank
    Wow Web Stats

I cant really tell what fights hes tanking in or what hes tanking but...

He should have like 90% less white swings. He never uses heroic strike (typically 30% of my dps)

His rotation def needs to be reworked.

Sheildslam when up, revenge when up, heroic strike spam all the time, devistate up. Work in shockwaves/cuncusion blow if all else is on cd.

Most important though is get him to spam heroic strike.

Well it's really hard to say how he can improve to be honest because he is an OT.

Without excess rage, it'll be hard to see whether he is HS'ing often enough or whether he is rage-starved. It'll also be hard to see if he's using SS whenever it's up, etc.

If you can put up a WWS with him MT'ing, it'll be a lot easier.

Aside from Patchwerk, what fight is OT threat an issue on? What fights are people concerned about? Its hard to evaluate warrior tank OTs overall since the usually don't have enough rage to do a lot.

i think the concern has come into play on fights such as 4 horsemen, anubrekhan, grand widow, and some trash. on these fights hes having to be more involved. and as you said there were no heroic strike at all over the course of the posted raid. i suppose i will have to pay attention come raid reset to determine if he is rage starved on these fights or not. i was also planning on having him main tank either plague or spider wing all together.

+ Reply to Thread