+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS gearing suggetions - Today only! 2/12/09

DPS gearing suggetions - Today only! 2/12/09

Hello and thanks for taking a look at my junk. I rarely get to spec DPS and mainly tank. But I want to be able to kickass when I do DPS. If anyone has any suggestions for changes to my gemming or enchants please feel free to comment.

I think it may be better to replace some of my crit gems with Strength, but not positive. >< Seems like my DPS is top 5, but overall damage is around 8-10.

Note - I will only have this gear on today Thru 2/12/09.
    Just got the T7.5 helm last night - No enchant on it yet.
    Weapons - Saving up for Bezerking and massacre atm.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks much!

HALP! Shameless bump!

It may just be me but I would expect someone of your gear to have more AP than you have currently. I know as a DK tank, if I put my dps gear on, (mostly 200 item lvl epics) I have about 3.8k or so AP unbuffed. Now I know a DK and Warr are diff classes but gain the same 1 str = 2 ap. If I were to give any suggestion, maybe more stength is what you want.

Prismatic gems should always go into blue sockets, as a jewelcrafter you should never be putting +stam gems in any of your dps gear.

You need to lose the agi glove enchant for the ap one.

Grim Toll is bad, get another trinket...Loatheb's Shadow, Darkmoon: Greatness, Fury of the Five Flights...any of those.

You seem to have an obsession with gemming for crit instead of strength. Strength is better, especially given your relatively low AP compared to you very high crit.

Your hit is high and so is your expertise...you don't need as much hit as you did (I know what a pain it is to drop in favor of other stats, but try to) and you have 2% dodge reduction from talents and 5.75% from gear...which puts you way over the soft cap.

Thanks for the tips peeps, very much appreciated.
    That is what I was starting to feel/think, less crit more AP. Ive gotten several upgrades recently and they all had alot of crit, so its pushed me pretty high there.

Ive even been eyeing some of the leather drops that are going to shard, some of them seem to be very nice for AP.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the earlier tips. It has helped. I can usually push top 3 DPS on anything that doesn't fly now.

I still only DPS part time but will be doing so more often after 3.1. So I wanted to toss up my stuff again and see if I'm making any big mistakes from the pros.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Here is my current gear set. It looks like armory is a little off on the stats, I usually have 40-42% crit and 4400 AP or so depending on trinkets and such. I've tried swapping out Armageddon for one of the DB's to see if a little haste will push things higher, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Is that something to really push into? Or should I stick with maxing AP and Crit?

Since I am "off-spec" my chances of a BoH or two is low. That will change as I roll into the new content. So I am not too worried about that. I also just completed my Nobel's deck, so next DM fair I will have that to add in. I have not really been able to figure out anything else I can do besides weapons, so I thought I better ask for some advice here and see if I'm overlooking something.

Thanks again,
    Nez

Well may have to rethink my gear abit with the AP/ST change incoming in 3.1
    ><

+ Reply to Thread