+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK 2H Rune selection

DK 2H Rune selection

I have a question about tanking runes. I've read some interesting posts elsewhere stating that Stoneskin Gargoyle is the way to go when it comes to 2H tanking. Essentially what it came down to was this
    1 def = .04% parry, dodge and miss
    so 25 def = 1% parry, dodge and miss or 3% avoidance overall. No news there....what i didn't realize was that the 3% avoidance given by SSG is effected less by diminishing returns than the 4% parry from SwordShattering as the 3% is split between 3 different types of avoidance. However there wasn't really any proof given in the posts i read. Is this correct? If so is there any situation where SwordShattering would be better suited? Im currently approx 30% dodge, 23% parry (before blade barrier) with swordshattering.....should i make the switch?

As far as I know about this, neither SSG nor SwordShattering are affected by DR. So theses 3% and 4% avoidance are really 3% and 4%.

Now concidering both of them the questions that may arise are :
    * With SSG how many DR affected avoidance you can get from re geimming your stuff
    * Once gone with SSG can you come back to SS (this is really something I'd like to know, is this rune not something you won't ever drop once got one ?)
    * With SSG you miss 2% RS proc, can you afford that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrke View Post
    As far as I know about this, neither SSG nor SwordShattering are affected by DR. So theses 3% and 4% avoidance are really 3% and 4%.
    +1

Now concidering both of them the questions that may arise are :
    * With SSG how many DR affected avoidance you can get from re geimming your stuff
    Or how many stam ^^

* Once gone with SSG can you come back to SS (this is really something I'd like to know, is this rune not something you won't ever drop once got one ?)
    Yes once your gear only give enough def (I am not sure it's possible with current gear available though)

* With SSG you miss 2% RS proc, can you afford that ?
    First you have to get enough RP to use all the proc (exept if you got BoS); not always possible.
    Second, if you really need more threat, I guess you can use some of the gem/enchant freed by SSG, to get more threat than this 2% RS proc.

+ Reply to Thread