+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 26 expertise. Help!

26 expertise. Help!

I have the 41 stamina in my trinket now, don't think the armory has updated. I will have the 41 stamina in my gun tomorrow aswell. Then I have 1 more Jcing only gem.

I am at a loss as for what I should do to hit 26 expertise without gimping everything else.
    Should I just wait for maly 25 legs? the 10 man sarth ring? the boots off 25 man thaddius?

Can't see your armory but do you use expertise food?

If you're Bragoon of Black Dragonflight(armory link under name was broken), you could replace your glove enchant with 15 expertise instead of the 2% threat and like the guy above me said, eat Rhinolicious Wyrmsteaks (1xWorm meat, 1xRhino meat, 1xSpice). 55 rating in total from those two and you should be around 27 Expertise.

Could always go with the expertise enchant on bracers, as well as if thats your character replacing the +8def/+12 stm gem on your belt for a 8exp/12stm. might even want to replace your straight up rare quality stm gems with 8exp/12stm gems.

Belt gem replaced.
    Still only at 21 expertise.
    With the buff food im at like 24.
    If i was to put a 15 expertise on it would be to my bracers. but Im only going to do that if nothing drops expertise wise tonight in vent

15 expertise on gloves would seem to be the better choice than 15 expertise on bracers post 3.0.8 now that you can get 40 stam to bracers

Hrm, personally I find expertise to be a very important to your tanking once you are geared.

If you check out my armory, I gem everything that I can with expertise/stam gems.

I have 52 expertise in my threat set(pretty much 0% parries) and the threat I have is OUT OF CONTROL. You would be amazed what it is like to have 152 hit rating(5% ish hit I think) and then no chance to be parried/dodged.

I can often just destroy most other tanks strait out if its one-on-one threat as long as I have incoming rage(patchwerk type stuff).

In my expertise set I still have around 28.5k hp unbuffed, 26% block, 1171 block value, great stats.

If you want, do not just look at the soft cap of dodge, go above that. Believe me, healers can keep a 36k buffed tank up as easily as a 40k buffed tank in current content.

Once your dps starts lawling at you with 6k+ dps consistently you will want the threat.

Personally I carry about 10 of these into every raid.

Elixir of Expertise
    Elixir of Expertise - Item - World of Warcraft

I probably use these more than any other elixir or flask.

Eat the expertise food too..

The World of Warcraft Armory

OP, the link to your toon in your profile is broken.

I dunno to be honest I don't see the extreme advantage over taking 40 stm to bracers as apposed to 15 expertise.

Yes stm would be more beneficial if the majority of the endgame required it, but as it stands only 1 fight would fully utilize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragoon View Post
    Still only at 21 expertise.
    With the buff food im at like 24.
    Rhino Wyrmsteaks will take you to 26 expertise. My warrior is at 21 expertise and the steaks let me hit the soft cap.

+ Reply to Thread