+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spec and Gear rating - Suggestions welcome

Spec and Gear rating - Suggestions welcome

My name is Archruin, I play a Draenei DeathKnight on Magtheridon. I have played as a Warrior, Druid and Paladin tank ALL Pre-WotLK. I orginally had no intentions of playing as a tank with my DK but I guess old passions came back and here I am. I would like some suggestions on my gear, specifically the enchants and gems as well as my talent spec. I have read over several forums here and already have an idea for a new spec, I will like it so please look also and let me know.

Before we begin know that I am a DW tank and plan to keep it that way, if for no other reason than the fact that I think its simply awesome to watch myself do it.

My Armory listing:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

My Current Spec:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

My soon to be new spec (I think):
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

A little explaination about my current spec:
    I have been using a pretty good rotation and really havent had a problem holding agro. But after reading the forums and getting some good ideas I do want to change it up.

My single target tanking rotation:
    IT>PS>BS>BS>HB>FS while throwing in the RS as much as possible.

Now looking at that I feel embarassed that I didnt even bother THINKING about using OB instead to generate more runic power and extend my rotation.

My AOE tanking rotation:
    IT>PS>PEST>DeathChill(if its up)>HB>BB while throwing in the RS as much as possible.

Now looking at that I am thinking if I use Killing Machine to give me my crits for HB I can spec out of deathchill. As well as throwing OB into the mix.

I know I need more hit and expertise but I am trying to find a way to stay def capped while doing it. I am having alot of problems trying to stay def capped. Any suggestions?

As far as your def is conserned you can do a few things.

1. Get Seal of the Pantheon - Item - World of Warcraft now, you are giving up the stam on your one trinket, but it does give you room to change out def gems for pure stam or other stats.

2. Instead of using the 8/8 expertise/hit gem get the 8/8 def/dodge one or the 8/8 def/parry gem.

3. Try getting your rep up with the Sons of Hodir for the epic shoulder enchant, thats plus 5 more def there, and then get the Formula: Enchant Cloak - Titanweave - Item - World of Warcraft enchant on your cloak, thats another plus 4 def.

In some point you will have to sacrifice some stat but def is your top priority first.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread