+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ready for Naxx? First Heroics Badge Item?

Ready for Naxx? First Heroics Badge Item?

I'm a relatively new tank as far as raids go. I never did Kara, I didn't do any BC heroics. I've done a ton of 5 mans. Just started doing level 80 heroics, and have 25 badges.

I don't have an active guild or group of people to play with. If I get into Naxx, it'll be a PUG.

Armory

Considering I have no experience in raids or Naxx, would my gear give me some wiggle room for learning Naxx with a PUG? Or am I not even close to being ready?

Should I spend my 25 badges for the immediate neck piece upgrade, or save them up for the trinket? Or should I save them for the long haul for the chest?

Get the neck, it is that big an upgrade.

Gear wise you are more than ready for Naxx as an OT immediately, and should only take you a few runs till you are ready to MT it. I would work a little on your hit rating so you do not miss a taunt or opening attack on a mob at an inconvenient time. Overall though your gear is very good, thank you for not being one of the "I have 21k hp and half greens, I am zomg ready to tank" guys. It is a very nice change.

I have some gemming changes for you -- replace all the dodge/stam gems with expertise/stam gems, get 20 hit to gloves and a weapon chain. The dodge is nice, but you want to hit the target as Tatt said. Also, work on replacing those trinkets. Heroic AN for the stam trinket and regular HoL for the defense trinket (it's still a nice chunk of avoidance) ideally.

For Badges I'd say: Amulet, Belt (If you can't get the AN one), Chest, Gloves -- and try to pug VoA and Obsidian Sanctum-10 weekly to snipe a lucky Tier drop

Thanks for the responses. I'll work on my hit rating. Also took your advise on VoA and OS... to be honest, I didn't even know what those were until looking them up on Wiki. Ran VoA last night, but they made me DPS lol.

I also picked up the neck piece. Hopefully I can get the glove drop from OS.

+ Reply to Thread