+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos (6 Minutes)

You probably get this question a lot so I apologize =D.

What's the name of the UI mod you use?

I've been hearing that the DK plays an important role in this fight but I'm not quite seeing it. Is it where Death Grip is being used somewhat early in the fight, or is it the melee aspect of the disks, or something else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    We did both 10 and 25 without curse of elements.
    I was under the impression you could no longer do it, but we tried last night in 25 man, warlock dismount and it gave him invalid target when he tried to CoE maly in p3.. so looks like this will NOT work anymore
    Just too kinda confirm this. I Sacrificed for ph3 last night in the 10M and although it let me target Maly, as I cast it it kept giving me an invalid target too. Not that this matters so much, but Demonic Teleport don't work here during vortex either. It kept telling me I could not do that there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirila View Post
    Just too kinda confirm this. I Sacrificed for ph3 last night in the 10M and although it let me target Maly, as I cast it it kept giving me an invalid target too. Not that this matters so much, but Demonic Teleport don't work here during vortex either. It kept telling me I could not do that there.

Yeah they fixed everything a while ago lol.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Pity no one told the Healer & tank that (who INSISTED I do it that TWICE thus making me look like a total DB). He would not have it it don't work .... men!

(And yes I prolly shoulda read up but I have only been here 6 mnths ... I am clinging to that excuse!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltar View Post
    I've been hearing that the DK plays an important role in this fight but I'm not quite seeing it. Is it where Death Grip is being used somewhat early in the fight, or is it the melee aspect of the disks, or something else entirely?
    The sparks naturally gravitate toward Malygos, if the DK can deathgrip the spark to the melee area where it can be stunned and killed, it maximizes the DPS output if the raid, moreso if you stack them on top of eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirila View Post
    Pity no one told the Healer & tank that (who INSISTED I do it that TWICE thus making me look like a total DB). He would not have it it don't work .... men!

(And yes I prolly shoulda read up but I have only been here 6 mnths ... I am clinging to that excuse!)
    Sadly, it appears that several of the major strategies used in this fight have been nerfed since the video guide was made.

* CoE no longer works in Phase 3
    * Imp Spell Reflect no longer works in Phase 2. Source

AMZ probably still helps a bit, but it only lasts 10 sec now, down from 30 sec. You'd need a lot of Unholy DKs to pull it off, which would nerf your ranged DPS numbers.

Using Death Grip to stack the sparks does still work in Phase 1, but they don't last long enough to carry over much into Phase 2 (if at all).

I'd be very curious to know what strategies people use on this today, assuming anyone still bothers to do it at all.

My guild is just starting to raid now, so we don't yet have the raw firepower to just brute force through this without some good strategy.

Right now we can make it through the first two phases and are practicing the third phase, but we need to improve our times on the first two phases. Pretty sad to discover most of the tips here no longer work. Might be worth at least mentioning this in the main post.

It won't be updated because it's extremely old content that can easily be muscled through as long as people can stay alive in P3. The P3 strat remains the same excluding CoE. With the badge gear available you should easily be able to send him into P3 in a timely manner. All i have to say is 1-2-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2

Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    It won't be updated because it's extremely old content that can easily be muscled through as long as people can stay alive in P3. The P3 strat remains the same excluding CoE. With the badge gear available you should easily be able to send him into P3 in a timely manner. All i have to say is 1-2-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2
    Fair enough. Sad, but understandable.

I still think that either the thread should be unlinked from Project Marmot or the opening of the thread should be amended to say something like: "Don't waste your time studying this because it's all been nerfed. Just brute force it with gear."

Thanks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Urythmic View Post
    Fair enough. Sad, but understandable.

I still think that either the thread should be unlinked from Project Marmot or the opening of the thread should be amended to say something like: "Don't waste your time studying this because it's all been nerfed. Just brute force it with gear."

Thanks, though.
    Honestly the most important aspect of the fight is P3 and your drake strategy. When Maly first released there was no drake strat since you could burn Malygos down to 1 health during the P1-P2 transition so all the focus was on that. Following the video is still the correct strat, kite the boss around to position the sparks, burn the hell out of him during the transition, clean up in P3. Malygos has always favored a heavy ranged group. Even after the spark nerf we were able to burn him down to 20%-15% during the transition. The fight is all about execution.

Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    Honestly the most important aspect of the fight is P3 and your drake strategy. When Maly first released there was no drake strat since you could burn Malygos down to 1 health during the P1-P2 transition so all the focus was on that. Following the video is still the correct strat, kite the boss around to position the sparks, burn the hell out of him during the transition, clean up in P3. Malygos has always favored a heavy ranged group. Even after the spark nerf we were able to burn him down to 20%-15% during the transition. The fight is all about execution.
    Absolutely agreed, but that's all explained perfectly well already in the first video, which isn't full of bad information like this one is IIRC.

+ Reply to Thread