+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos (6 Minutes)

Cider you don't by any chance have a 10 man video of 6 minute kill do you? I've formed a dedicated 10 people for getting a drake before it's removed in 3.1 but we are having issues with time.

Our setup:
    1 Prot Pally
    1 Feral Cat
    2 Holy Priests
    1 Holy Pally
    1 Enhance Shaman (also goes ele since he has gear for both)
    1 Aff Lock
    1 Fury Warrior
    1 Arcane Mage
    1 Ret Pally (sometimes he can't make it and we run a Fire mage or a Mut Rogue)

Should we have the warlock sacrifice himself for CoE in P3?
    Should we drop a healer or have 1 respec to dps?

Any help is appreciated.

Question for anyone who may have tried this: Is the 6 minute 10 man version possible with a physical dps group?

We'll be running

Prot Warrior
    Fury Warrior
    Ret Paly
    Enhance Sham
    Surv Hunter
    Combat Rogue
    Mutilate Rogue
    Death Knight (not sure what spec he'll be)
    Resto Druid
    Resto Druid

We'll have a paly outside for the second paly buff. We'd bring a feral tank but we'd like to get some use out of the spark with spell reflects. I know a ranged group is ideal but currently these are the best DPS we have in our guild. We regularly run 10 man sarth 3d with the fury war, two rogues, and an ele shaman (we're forcing him to go enhance this time) and we're able to usually kill the first drake before a second whelp cast without heroism.

Is the extra 10-15% you get from going p1>p2 and a slightly faster p2 really that crucial to accomplishing this?

Edit: For the post above, I think the COE becomes greatly diminished in value when you drop from a 25 man to 10 man since it benefits only around 8 people in a 10 man versus the 20 people in a 25. I also think you should only run 2 healers, as its not incredibly difficult to 2 heal and an extra dps in p1 and p2 will help shave a lot of time off your kill
    Last edited by Nerio; 03-09-2009 at 04:33 AM.

Can you post a bit more about your healing strategy? You refer to a healing rotation, but you don't say how the rotation begins or is set up. We tried yesterday having everyone stack to 5 and use their AoE when their name was called, having everyone not stack any until their name was called then build 5 and AoE, and having everyone build to 3 and then build 2 more and AoE when their name was called. After that everyone built their 5 stack as soon as possible and AoE'd again. Generally what ended up happening was that people would end up synced and then we'd have deaths and it didn't really seem that any of these methods changed that problem (though it may be a practice issue).

Creating the initial rotation is best done over vent and by the person starting the healing rotation. He/she should call out everyone that is healing 1 at a time and after the initial call each healer pops their aoe heal once they reach 5 combo points. As long as the first rotation is done right everything will fall into place.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

The problem is that there's no real sense of timing in the strategy video. How long between each one do you wait? Are the healers already sitting at 5 combo points? Are the healers sitting at some other number of combo points?

For example, if you have everyone sitting with 5 combo points then you could theoretically call one healer every second. But then you'll get a dead zone of at least a few seconds while the first healer waits on energy to use their heal (and so on for each subsequent healer).

0 - 5 (all healers stack combo points to 5)
    6 - healer 1
    7 - healer 2 (h1:1)
    8 - healer 3 (h1:2, h2:1)
    9 - healer 4 (h1:3, h2:2, h3:1)
    10 - healer 5 (h1:4, h2:3, h3:2, h4:1)
    11 - none (h1:5, h2:4, h3:3, h4:2)
    12 - none (h1:5 waiting for energy, h2:5, h3:4, h4:3, h5:2)
    13 - healer 1 (h2: 5 wfe, h3: 5wfe, h4:4, h5:3)
    14 - healer 2 and healer 3 (possibly) (h4:5 wfe, h5:4, h1:1)
    15 - none (h4: 5wfe, h5: 5wfe, h1:2, h2:1, h3:1)
    16 - healer 4 (and possibly healer 5) (h1:3, h2:2, h3:2)

Arianne, the poster above you, Inaara, has it exactly right. The time it takes to call out a new person is enough to line heals up pretty naturally.

One of our healers doesn't use vent, therefore I can't call out names on vent. Thus, I need to know timing so that we can set it up beforehand. I'm still not quite sure if your healers are building combo points or not before you call out their name.

Have that healer start with a raidwarning. Counting on vent for the rest of them.

just wondering if DK's anti magic shells are any use along with the spell reflects here? and i very much like the healing plan. organising the healing for our attempts has been giving me some serious headaches lately. (or maybe thats just certain raidmembers....^^)

quick question, can this strategy be implemented to fit a 10 man raid, or will it require something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisaria View Post
    just wondering if DK's anti magic shells are any use along with the spell reflects here? and i very much like the healing plan. organising the healing for our attempts has been giving me some serious headaches lately. (or maybe thats just certain raidmembers....^^)

Yes, DK's Anti-Magic Zone is helpfull there, anything that can be done to reduce damage and maximize DPS via Sparks should be done.

Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Drakani View Post
    quick question, can this strategy be implemented to fit a 10 man raid, or will it require something different?
    It is generally the same concept but is not nearly as intense. First off, realize that Ranged DPS is king for this encounter, if you're able to put together a 25 man raid you should be able to find 7 ranged DPS. The benchmarks are also different. Getting Malygos up before the second Vortex is not a requirement. Since you're stacking ranged DPS, lost time will be made up during the P1 to P2 transition.

I would say that the most important factor is making sure you have 2 sparks stacked befoe taking maly over 50% to maximize your ranged DPS time.

The biggest difference between 25 man and 10, besides of course the amount of people you need, is phase 3. Instead of 3 beams you're only taking 1. Since the amount of damage being taken is minimal, you can cut the amount of healers needed down to 2. It's even possible with 1 healer as long as people shield when targeted. One exception is that if someone is targeted twice, they should definetely shield just to be safe.

Follow the steps and it's an easy kill.

Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    One of our healers doesn't use vent, therefore I can't call out names on vent. Thus, I need to know timing so that we can set it up beforehand. I'm still not quite sure if your healers are building combo points or not before you call out their name.

There is absolutely no reason not to have vent. Your healer doesn't need to talk, he just needs to listen. The timing is the time it takes to call out a name and wait 1 second before calling out the next.

Agg's tanking guide

does applying curse of the elements still work in phase 3?

Quote Originally Posted by wasthatanade View Post
    does applying curse of the elements still work in phase 3?

Sure does.

Agg's tanking guide

In 10 man, can phases 1 and 2 be single healed? We are thinking of running 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps.

thx for reply, another quick one, does the warlock have to dismount in phase 3 in 10 man or is it beatable without it?

Quote Originally Posted by MouseDK View Post
    In 10 man, can phases 1 and 2 be single healed? We are thinking of running 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps.
    yes

We did both 10 and 25 without curse of elements.
    I was under the impression you could no longer do it, but we tried last night in 25 man, warlock dismount and it gave him invalid target when he tried to CoE maly in p3.. so looks like this will NOT work anymore
    Your ad could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakani View Post
    thx for reply, another quick one, does the warlock have to dismount in phase 3 in 10 man or is it beatable without it?
    Apparently they hotfixed Maly so that CoE doesn't work anymore. Regardless, CoE boost would only be worth it in 25. Don't bother with it for the 10 man.

Agg's tanking guide

+ Reply to Thread