+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos (6 Minutes)

Could someone clarify the usage of Spell Reflection in phase 2? Is it just to reflect the flying bolts that come to the raid? Cause last night I was spamming spell reflect and got calle don it by our Raid Leader, he said I could reflect the shield back and wipe us; now, this sounded to me like either a bug or hogwash, specially after seeing that you guys were using them through the whole phase.

Yes, you can spell reflect anti-magic shields. However, it doesn't affect us. Here's why:

1. If we reflect the first shield, we've already got a raid-wide damage reduction until next shield.

2. If we reflect a shield that pops up immediately following the on we're in, it doesn't matter because we're skipping that shield anyway. We stop reflects a few seconds later so we don't reflect a second.

3. If we reflect the second shield, we simply run over to the previous shield instead. It's small, but it'll last long enough.

Sounds like it is still a good idea even in 10 man then, I should probably have just looked at CoE, that math is so simple even a warrior tank can do it.

Pitty about the CoE falling off now before phase 3

Magmarr is going to have to die tomorrow...

Curious, is it possible to put it up, then kill yourself (with one of those potions from the link quest chain, lifetap + a rune from scholo, maybe have a preist / mage slowfall the lock to give them more time to pull it off, or trick out a portal, etc...) rather than falling to your death, then use a Soul Stone, and still land on a dragon mount? Or will it only give you one period at the start and not a new one until the fight is over? I bet there is a way (which will then be nerfed).

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    As of last night, Malygos was definitely wiping CoE in 25man. Our warlock still had a timer on the curse, but it was not active on the boss.

Will update on 10man when I get a chance.
    Confirm. We did it last night without CoE. I haven't done the math to determine if losing the one extra player is worth the group buff. You certainly don't need CoE though.

We had Maly at 35% leaving P1 and beat the timer by 7 seconds with two early deaths in P3.

Ciderhelm just watched this, all I can say is ty tyvm

Posting link on our guild forum.

Rock on!

You can also burn him down in phase one so that he's pretty much dead in phase three. (Works this way on the 10 man version)

The way this works is just have your druids / DK's chain stack sparks (Yes it does require a little bit of luck as it means you cannot move malygos around and you have to hold the sparks in the same spot)

Once you have 4 sparks, AE them so they all die there, Burn heroism at this time and get malygos low enough (So that phase 3 only takes a few seconds --- Do remember that he has to talk though so around 30 - 35 secs is the minimum time you can have)

In phase two just stand in the sparks (range burning all flying scions startin from the left of them --- as the scions rotate clockwise)

Melee work on the lords. If you did this correctly it is possible to get the 10 man achieve with relative ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbox View Post
    You can also burn him down in phase one so that he's pretty much dead in phase three. (Works this way on the 10 man version)

The way this works is just have your druids / DK's chain stack sparks (Yes it does require a little bit of luck as it means you cannot move malygos around and you have to hold the sparks in the same spot)

Once you have 4 sparks, AE them so they all die there, Burn heroism at this time and get malygos low enough (So that phase 3 only takes a few seconds --- Do remember that he has to talk though so around 30 - 35 secs is the minimum time you can have)

In phase two just stand in the sparks (range burning all flying scions startin from the left of them --- as the scions rotate clockwise)

Melee work on the lords. If you did this correctly it is possible to get the 10 man achieve with relative ease.
    This no longer works. A spark will live for 90 seconds and then despawn. The lifetime of the spark includes the time it is "alive" and after you have killed it. Because sparks come out in 30 second intervals you'll never get much more than two sparks at once.

Can anyone tell me the addons he is using in the video, Thanks ahead of time.

I may be missing something, or it could be my video settings, but I notice in your movies that there isn't a vortex swirling down and around you in phase 3, which is (pathetically) one of the reasons I hate phase 3. We have no problem killing him, but it would help my stomach and my brain...how do you keep it clear and looking like it's simply in "space" and nighttime? o.O

(Whenever I'm in that phase it's the whirling blue vortex of dizziness...>.>)

For our 10 man achievement our strat was almost the same.

Our group was extremely specialized to maximize raid dps and synergy. With melee being useless during the free dps period between P1 and P2 we decided to go with a full caster group with myself tanking as unholy for Ebon Plague.

Raid Comp:
    1 DK - Tank
    1 Paladin - Holy
    1 Priest - Holy
    2 Warlock
    1 Shaman - Elemental
    1 Druid - Balance
    3 Mage

As with Ciders strat, we save the heroism for when he lands to get Malygos as low as possible before you face him in P3. 25% is amazing, 30% - 35% is your goal. Since you're running with 15 less players it really isn't feasable to set players aside to heal the group so we just shield when targeted and heal ourselves back up. It is however important to keep your stacks up. after shielding get a 2 combo point breath up then start to heal.

It's more than possible to get it done with any class tanking, Being unholy just allowed both of our locks to use DPS curses.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

We had a mixed group for our 10 man go at it. We found a few things true:

1. Even if he does do a second vortex, its not all bad as most of the DPS can still do some dam so we could get him lower. Ideally he goes up before the 2nd vortex, but its not a wipe if you dont.

2. We used a 7 DPS 3 Healer setup with no shields. Worked perfectly (well not perfectly, but worked well)

We just missed it (by 7 freakin seconds) this week due to one of our raid members having there UI bug out for about 30 sec. We couldnt stop DPS soon enough to not kill him (due to using cider's advice we had 4 stacks of 20ish which were doing massive dam). We are going back in this week using the same strat, hoping that the UI is fixed. 6 min 7 sec, /sigh
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    We had a mixed group for our 10 man go at it. We found a few things true:

1. Even if he does do a second vortex, its not all bad as most of the DPS can still do some dam so we could get him lower. Ideally he goes up before the 2nd vortex, but its not a wipe if you dont.

2. We used a 7 DPS 3 Healer setup with no shields. Worked perfectly (well not perfectly, but worked well)

We just missed it (by 7 freakin seconds) this week due to one of our raid members having there UI bug out for about 30 sec. We couldnt stop DPS soon enough to not kill him (due to using cider's advice we had 4 stacks of 20ish which were doing massive dam). We are going back in this week using the same strat, hoping that the UI is fixed. 6 min 7 sec, /sigh
    Couple things:

1. Any time we came close to a kill on Maly we had everyone bail out of their drake. Do this if you need to.

1. If you're still watching a timer and saw you went 7 seconds over, that suggests to me that you're looking at the enrage timer rather than the achievement timer. The enrage timer is not synced to the achievement timer.

1. Yeah, i thought of that as he died, I was like oh sh!t we should have bailed.

2. the 7 sec thing is what the DBM said (which prolly isnt right either) and im sure thats not perfect, but it was within 10 sec of the achievement timer expiring (which I did have up). So yeah, was it exactly 7 sec, prolly not, but it was around 10 sec off, pretty damn close considering we had a raiders ui bug out.

On the bug out, he says he uses the standard blizz bar ui and it still bugged. Is this a known issue?
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    On the bug out, he says he uses the standard blizz bar ui and it still bugged. Is this a known issue?

Not as far as I know. I don't have a snazzy UI setup like the addon geniuses here, been using Bliz UI from the beginning. I have not encountered a problem with it bugging out on me.

Agg's tanking guide

How do you get your camera distance so far out? Is there more than one setting for this? All I know about is "interface-->camera-->max camera distance. My screen is usually filled with drakes on phase 3, so getting further back would be nice. Awesome site! Thanks a bunch

make it a macro
    /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

Agg's tanking guide

Addons

Hey out of curiousity, what add-ons do you use??? that combat text mod is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post

It's more than possible to get it done with any class tanking, Being unholy just allowed both of our locks to use DPS curses.
    Wouldn't your balance druid supply the magic damage debuff? Or did I miss something?
    Either play to win, or shut up and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Njordus View Post
    Wouldn't your balance druid supply the magic damage debuff? Or did I miss something?

Yes Ebon Plague overrides it. The druid is there for Imp Faerie Fire, I don't think there's anything that replaces that, maybe a shadow priest, but we didn't take one. I also forgot to mention that I pop AMZ over the spark buff to decrease incoming damage while we DPS the scions since there is obviously no Warrior to reflect.

If not for AMZ an Icy Touch spam build or frost build focusing on HB would increase DPS/Threat due to the caster craziness.

Agg's tanking guide

A few quick questions to anybody that has completed this:

What sort of raid comp do you run (tanks, healers, melee, ranged)?
    What level of DPS is expected from individual DPSers?

Additionally, if anybody is willing to link to a WWS of a six minute malygos, that'd be very helpful.

+ Reply to Thread