+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos (6 Minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Note: When we did this last night in 10man, he wasn't wiping his debuffs after he goes untargetable. This means you can have a lock refresh CoE during the P1->P2 transition and it will still be up for the rest of the fight (they don't have to sacrifice themselves).

Not sure if it's different in 25man.
    This is good information.

However, please do not say this on vent at any time. I'd rather Church continued to die.

Nice interesting twist to the lock killing themselves for the extra damage.

Great video Cider, posted it up on the forums of my guild for some interesting insight.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

last night during our 10man malygos, we "accidentally" had an extra healer who volunteered and what ended up happening was that they ended up off-setting their heals just by pure luck and we never lost a dps to surges even though they forgot to shield several times. we met the enrage timer with time to spare as well. the key thing to note is that even though you may be "losing" a dps to have them heal, making sure everyone staying alive contributes to more overall dps and as such faster kills.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I didn't quite get your comment about the shield strategy in p2, could you expand?

As far as I know in the 25-man, he clears debuffs sometime before phase 3 begins, so CoE will inevitably fall off.

Thanks for this awesome video

We used some of your tips you mentioned in it, and we nailed him tonight for the first time in 25 man

Many hugs

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    I didn't quite get your comment about the shield strategy in p2, could you expand?
    In phase two what he means if there is a spark down they had their prot warriors spell reflecting as well as paladins bubbling to reduce the raid wide damage. The reason to reduce it because the bubbles reduce the amount of magic damage received if you are inside of it. Sometimes you get unlucky and a spark is outside the bubble so you have to just stand there and take the damage.

Also he said they minimized movement by not moving to each bubble but instead going to every other bubble. So one drops they stay in it. Another drops down they don't move. The third drops then they move to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    This is good information.

However, please do not say this on vent at any time. I'd rather Church continued to die.
    LOL

great video ciderhelm...our strat was really close, but a few tweaks that you demonstrate will help us get there!

PS - there should be a guide that sacrafices 1 of every class for a legit reason. we can then link it as the way to initiate new guildies to the fight
    Your friendly, neighborhood tankadin
    http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Destromath/146389.jpg

I know this might have changed with Maly not being targetable in phase 3 right away anymore, but we were able to have a warlock debuff him just before the ground falls away in the past? anyone know if this is still possible?

Also, is it really worth losing a whole stack, just for that curse?!

Or does the warlock in question suck at hitting 112?

Well, we tried some of your tips tonight, and we won
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Aye, we calculated that with 20 dpsers, each one contributes 5% of the damage required to kill him. CoE contributes 13% so Net gain of 7%.

/edit
    sorry misstype 20 dpsers
    Last edited by Man▀earpig; 02-11-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man▀earpig View Post
    Aye, we calculated that with 12 dpsers, each one contributes 5% of the damage required to kill him. CoE contributes 13% so Net gain of 7%.
    how do you have 12 dpsers?

Thats either massively overstacked on heals/tanks in 25man, or you somehow got 12 people into a 10man

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwadora View Post
    This may be answered elsewhere, but how many healers did you bring?
    To speed up runs some of our healers spec'd for dps that night, so I can't recall exactly atm, but I believe it was 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalphir View Post
    how do you have 12 dpsers?

Thats either massively overstacked on heals/tanks in 25man, or you somehow got 12 people into a 10man
    We test with small groups and calculate expected output. I'm not sure if Manbear just typo'd it and meant to say 19/20, or if he's talking about our earlier pulls where we did only a couple groups of DPS at a time to determine our necessary second markers to reach.

er, i notified yall that you dont need to suicide a lock first, but ok :| guess no 1 read my post.

As of last night, Malygos was definitely wiping CoE in 25man. Our warlock still had a timer on the curse, but it was not active on the boss.

Will update on 10man when I get a chance.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

We tried the "COE the boss in P1->P2" but it didn't last either (10 man).

BUT we were using a non-malidiction COE and there was a boomkin in the raid, so I'm guessing Earth & Moon might have overwritten COE in our case, being the stronger buff.

Could this explain what happened to your group, Lore?

My guild spent out first night attempting the kill last night and got it after a few tries. We used 4 drake healers for phase 3 though we did have 1 person die during the phase to a spark/focus but other then that people survived fine.

Did not try CoE as we did not have a lock with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkahn View Post
    We tried the "COE the boss in P1->P2" but it didn't last either (10 man).

BUT we were using a non-malidiction COE and there was a boomkin in the raid, so I'm guessing Earth & Moon might have overwritten COE in our case, being the stronger buff.

Could this explain what happened to your group, Lore?
    i dont think you do need malediction for when i tried it i didnt have it. so it probably might be earth & moon.

Our lock has Malediction and it was wiped.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

+ Reply to Thread