+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos (6 Minutes)

Eye of Eternity Malygos (6 Minutes)

Please note: The HD on this movie is still encoding with YouTube. You will receive an error until it's done. Watch the Low Bandwidth version until then.

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Healers: Our healers on this encounter would occasionally hold their heals if all of the drakes were topped off. To keep the rotation intact, however, you should make sure to use your AOE heal before your energy reaches 100. I may put together a supplemental video for phase 3 healing on this encounter as I was the stand-in healer on many of these pulls.
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:31 AM.

I'm very excited for this video. I hope it has some tips we can use to speed up a regular Malygos kill since we are having enrage timer issues.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

I'd very much recommend adapting to this new strategy. Phase 1 is the same, but phase 2 and 3 have been totally revamped from our original movie.

Awesome, I can't wait to see it. We're going back in to try him tonight.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

I have mixed thoughts about my guild getting to EoE...

I can see us beating him but I think we would have to take the best from both our 10man teams and put them into one team, which bring about scheduling issues >.<

low def movie added.

Wow, thanks cider!!! LOL, the day after I asked for a movie. Anyways, keep up the good work!!

I do have some questions as to how this strat would transfer over to a 10 man group. Any thoughts on that?
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Wow, thanks cider!!! LOL, the day after I asked for a movie. Anyways, keep up the good work!!

I do have some questions as to how this strat would transfer over to a 10 man group. Any thoughts on that?
    I don't know the specifics to 10-man as I have not been actively working on 10-man achievements. I do know that we're just over a minute away from doing this on 10-man w/o any strategy differences from our original Malygos movies.

I have no idea if this healing strategy has any potential way of transferring to a 10-man version.

Great finally I know solution for better healing in 3. phase .Tnx for this.
    Last edited by Peca; 02-10-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I don't know the specifics to 10-man as I have not been actively working on 10-man achievements. I do know that we're just over a minute away from doing this on 10-man w/o any strategy differences from our original Malygos movies.

I have no idea if this healing strategy has any potential way of transferring to a 10-man version.
    We played around with it a bit last night, should be getting it this week. So far it seems possible with two healers in P3 with a little luck, or maybe even 3 healers.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post

we have been doing it that way with 2 healers 8 DPS in the 10 man phase 3 since our 3rd or 4th kill

makes it so much easier on the healers

only thing is if you get the surge right after a spark, if you took even a single tick of the spark you need to shieldwall or you will die

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    I'm very excited for this video. I hope it has some tips we can use to speed up a regular Malygos kill since we are having enrage timer issues.
    This is solely due to phase 3 issues I would say. It is extremely important to make sure everyone knows how to stack the dot and keep it up. I think the strategy where you don't shield is extremely important. If your healers are good you don't need to shield even if you get targeted twice in a row. I know my guild is pretty average at best and we get to phase 3 with about 4:30 left and fought the enrage until we realized how many people were actually screwing up with their drake.

Grats on the 6 minute kill!

hi, grats on under 6 min kill, but theres something id like to state for the benefit of others that is . i have a lvl 80 warlock and i've tried malygos. In you'r strategy you state that one warlock has to drop to his death and apply coe, well i belive there is another way. coe can be applied in phase 2 before malygos becomes un-targetable and it will still be there in phase 3 when you are on your drakes. it lasts for 5 mins so you should have enough time on it, and you wont have to sacrifice a lock, meaning you get more dps on the boss.

I am 100% sure he doesnt remove the effect, for when i fote malygos, i did this a few times myself with my coe, and every time i applied it in phase 2 it was still there in phase 3. i don't think malygos resets the effects on him. i think they just gradually go off by themselves. (in 10 man that is, maybe works in 25 man too)
    i hope this info helps
    Last edited by Doomie; 02-10-2009 at 09:21 AM.

When i do EoE with guild we all just nuke mally and sheild and heal ourselfs when needed or when we have been surged, i like this strat where none of you are useing any shields at all, Ive got to P3 when i have done mally on 25-man and 10man (not useing this strat) i have only got up to P3 atm with guild, sometimes you can get a problem where people will not no the correct way to stack the buff, and for some strange reason i have been getting DC alot from EoE, but when i went to 10man a few night ago the problem seems to have gone so hopefully with have him down this week, we tend to just all nuke mally and not bother with AoE heals ut it looks like it worked realy well for you cider, keep the clips comeing

Gratz for the kill and the hints shared with us and really like the DPS-version of Cider

/Sat.
    http://www.zetbit.com/ssig-283063.jpg

Alive and kickin'! Now extrapotent!

Cider this video is awesome, How many tanks do you take for this fight?

You mention having 2 prot warriors for cycled improved spell reflects and in phase 2 cycling divine shield and divine guardian. Do you take 2 prot pallys and 2 prot warriors for this...or, do you have 2 holy paladins respec to get divine guardian?...or is it some combination?

Can you please explain that specific part of your group make-up for us? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tPaste View Post
    Cider this video is awesome, How many tanks do you take for this fight?

You mention having 2 prot warriors for cycled improved spell reflects and in phase 2 cycling divine shield and divine guardian. Do you take 2 prot pallys and 2 prot warriors for this...or, do you have 2 holy paladins respec to get divine guardian?...or is it some combination?

Can you please explain that specific part of your group make-up for us? Thanks!
    We use 2 prot warriors and 2 holy pallies spec'd with DG.

This may be answered elsewhere, but how many healers did you bring?

Note: When we did this last night in 10man, he wasn't wiping his debuffs after he goes untargetable. This means you can have a lock refresh CoE during the P1->P2 transition and it will still be up for the rest of the fight (they don't have to sacrifice themselves).

Not sure if it's different in 25man.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    We use 2 prot warriors and 2 holy pallies spec'd with DG.
    TY! hrm...it will be difficult, we often roll with Prot War, Prot Pally...so we'd lose out on a Spell reflect...hmm...

+ Reply to Thread