+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wall of Terror vs Hero's Surrender for palatank

Wall of Terror vs Hero's Surrender for palatank

I got the Hero's Surrender atm and was wondering if the Wall of Terror is really an upgrade for me.
    I'm currently block capped.
    It got both less avoidance and stamina than my current shield at the cost of some block rating and a small amount of armor & block value. But what do you guys think?

What do you mean "block capped"? Maybe I'm just an ignorant warrior, but I'm not familiar with that term.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Im assuming that he means he has as high a block rating as possible?

If so then the Hero's surrender is better. Since it is a better boss tanking shield. Wall of terror is better for trash tanking and for pala tanking when you lack shield rating imo.

shield rating is a usefull stat, but its not like something id aim for as a prot warrior. gimme block value, dodge and parry first.

block capped means that any hit that isn't avoided, will be blocked. You never get the full hit. It's something only paladins can achieve cause of the spell Holy Shield(30% block chance) which can be kept up 100% of the time.

Hero's Surrender offers higher stamina, more avoidance then the wall of terror at the cost of some STR and block rating (iirc). It is a very much equivalent shield to the wall of terror and if you are block capped, definitely a better choice.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

Hero's all the way.

If you are already sitting at 102.4, additional block rating does nothing for you. While Wall of Terror does offer additional armor, the other stats are sub optimal. Due to the way the hit table works, blocks fall of the table next, after hits do, so any additional block rating is pretty wasted (Except counting situations when Holy Shield is not up), so having the pure avoidance (Defense/Dodge/Parry) will be better for you, not even accounting for the additional stamina.

+ Reply to Thread