+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Paladin, where next?

Prot Paladin, where next?

After doing some digging I suspect I should be looking at running the 5-man heroics (UK,UP,Nexus,Gun'drak) to improve the kit. Any recommendations / thoughts? (Yes I know the enchants and gems are definitely suboptimal; just waiting on earning some more gold to fix that)

The World of Warcraft Armory

Hi,

So you're defense starved. You've stacked resilience which will get you towards uncritable, but doesn't give you avoidance or mitigation so is always worse for tanks. You have enough resilience however, that you might actually pull off uncritable. Having said that, I'd still suggest some gear swaps before you do heroics.

- Silver plated battle chest from the junk in my trunk quest in regular UP. The frost resistence gear you have is unbalanced. Wear the wyrmrest accord tabard until you get revered and swap it with brestplate of the solem council which you'll have for a while. Then do Argent Crusade for the head enchant, then kirin tor for the gloves.
    - I'd swap your pvp legs with dauntless legplates (crafted). Stick the +55 stam/+15 agility enchant on them. If you get revered with argent crusade, you can go with special issue legs instead if you don't want to spend the money.
    - Grind regular halls of lighten to get seal of the patheon (trinket)
    - Get the defense enchant on your shield, you'll have that for a while.
    - Buy the crusaders square pauldrons from the AH or wait for the shoulders to drop from heroic HoL (1st boss) or heroic Gundrak (second boss)
    - go to stealweave or titanweave enchant on the cloak
    - Burning skull pendant for neck (reasonable price at AH). Also drops in various instances, seems to drop more in H grundak.
    - Do the basic heroics (UK, Nexus, DK) for badges. First purchase is the librarm. Second probably the neck, though you may go for the belt depending on what's droping for you. Grind for the breast plate once you get comfortable.
    - Upgrade your rings, both AH and virtually any heroic would have an upgrade option for you.
    - Assuming you get the sword of the prince in H UK, enchant it with potency.
    - See if you can get essence of gossamer (h AN) or laventhor's talisman (H VH) to drop for you.
    - Buff food (daralan chowder, dragonfin fillet, etc)
    - Glyphs: righteous defense and the seal of vengence glyph are the two mandatory ones.

With this your stam will take a hit, but your surviveability (EH) should actually go up substantially. You've got enough stam and resilience that you could probably do the simple heroics now, but I'd suggest having a good healer that likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by headknocker View Post
    Hi,

So you're defense starved. You've stacked resilience which will get you towards uncritable, but doesn't give you avoidance or mitigation so is always worse for tanks. You have enough resilience however, that you might actually pull off uncritable. Having said that, I'd still suggest some gear swaps before you do heroics.
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. He's looking a fair bit better now (thanks to a pile of gold dumped onto the auction house).

Quote Originally Posted by headknocker View Post
    but I'd suggest having a good healer that likes you.
    While I remember, that's not a problem, I run with my wife who's holy spec

+ Reply to Thread